• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G2-G5 Multi Band Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
This is an important statement. I think what makes the Unication pagers so successful with their performance over a consumer scanner is their limitation to a somewhat narrow band of frequencies vs a wide swatch of spectrum (plus plain old good engineering.) We all here appreciate Unication and their excellent products and hope to see them offer new products be they radios or antennas or other accessories. This prompted my somewhat tongue-in-cheek response in post #2 of this thread regarding the 'wide-band' antenna which I believe was taken too seriously by a few people. No harm was intended to Uni1's announcement. I agree that I don't feel APX7500X2 was trolling here. Frankly, I was a bit taken aback by post #14. I think the users on the Unication forum here are by and large professional and very helpful, unlike a few other forums on RR. I can't say enough good things about Unication's participation here. Good post Citywide.
I think alot is Tone of posts, especially on a forum, sometimes I come off as a smart ass, well most of the time granted, but in the OP notice the antenna was attached to a G3, also in the update road map I saw somewhere they are discussing a more multi-band radio, and we forget they are in the business of supplying a pager to Public safety agencies, the fact they even entertain the hobby part is outstanding,

APX7500X2

Go troll somewhere else please.
And there is your great customer service!
Im not sure you know the meaning of troll in social media as I was replying to your post and on topic

I was just trying to say why make something multi band for a receiver that only has an antenna port for single band?
I would not buy an APX8000 multi-band antenna for my 700/800 APX, as it would not preform as good as the antenna made for 700/800 and it would be a waste.
But imho a great single band antenna would be a home run since the antenna port only does a single band

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am looking forward to this. Maybe it will be ready in time for Christmas!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Considering that region also has a DMR trunking in their G devices and we here in the US do not, i wouldnt plan on seeing that device here or anytime soon..

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I got one off eBay I’ve been using for months and it works great,

JASII

Memory Capacity
Does anybody here know if this is still in the works?

I haven't read anything about this for a while now.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Considering that region also has a DMR trunking in their G devices and we here in the US do not, i wouldnt plan on seeing that device here or anytime soon..
But it would explain the development of the particular antenna that this thread is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.