• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/5 Bluetooth Speaker Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to do a follow up.
My Blu RSM will pair with the G4 now. So nice to see Unication tweaking bluetooth settings.

Thanks for the follow up! Are you on the beta firmware? Curious if my radio will work with one or not. I am currently using a bluetooth headset, but it has a long beep at the beginning if each transmission

mitbr

I have a G5 and about two weeks ago I purchased a “Just Wireless” model BT-42 Bluetooth headset from Walgreens for 20.00 and it works great. I have been using it daily with no issues so far.
Just bought this at my local Walgreens works real well just under 16 dollars charges in under 2 hours..... can you give me an idea of how long it lasts on a full charge?
Tim :cool:

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Just bought this at my local Walgreens works real well just under 16 dollars charges in under 2 hours..... can you give me an idea of how long it lasts on a full charge?
Tim :cool:
I guess it really depends on the amount of traffic you listen to. I’ve only worn it for a few hours at a time and it never went dead. I’ve never left it on long enough to see how long it really lasts.

Hit_Factor

Thanks for the follow up! Are you on the beta firmware? Curious if my radio will work with one or not. I am currently using a bluetooth headset, but it has a long beep at the beginning if each transmission
In the Pps, go to D8, scroll down to BT, there is a checkbox to clear. That will get rid of the beep.

DewAddict

The Bose Soundlink Revolve works well with my G4. No beeps or lost transmissions. Just thought I'd add another to the thread.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I have been using TOTU that are 5.0 @45.00 on Amazon and MPOW ear buds 29.98 also on Amazon and both do well on G4 and G5

DewAddict

I use my CAR speakers on FM with THIS THING
Amazon.com: Bluetooth FM Transmitter for car, Wireless Cup FM Transmitter for car Mp3 Player Accessories kit with Radio Aux Input Adapter,Handsfree calling and USB Car Charger For iPhone 7 Etc.-Blue
It NOW works perfect with Unication Blue Tooth improvements. It used to have a shrill tone before each dispatch heard like most BT. It's fixed after the 1.2 March 2019 updates from Unication. It also keeps the volume level SET the way you want. Before the update from Unication, the sound level on the Lutu would drop from 30 to default 15 as each call was dropped. Now it stays set where you put it for some reason. In addition, it pairs up better/faster with the Lutu and actually shows the device name on Unication as BT-CAR-KIT. Before the Unication update, it was blank and had trouble pairing up with the G5. Works great now. Whatever the reason, I am happy for the efforts, thanks Unication. I use that cheap "$15.00* FM-BT transmitter in my car now, loud and clear.

I just tried these two devices and no go for me..connects to the G4 but won't pass the audio. One is BT 5.0 and one is BT 4.2. The item you use is OOS now on Amazon and I am desperately trying to get audio out to my F-150 that doesn't have a 3.5mm input jack.

I'm going to try some more....can't quit now!

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I have tried the Inrico B01 speaker mic and it is working with FW 1.31. I got the ios version to use it with zello for about 60 bucks. I cant speak for the android version but it does work with the ios speaker mic.

DewAddict

I have tried the Inrico B01 speaker mic and it is working with FW 1.31. I got the ios version to use it with zello for about 60 bucks. I cant speak for the android version but it does work with the ios speaker mic.

Thanks for the info, does it get as loud as the internal speaker in your opinion?

DewAddict

Thanks, I am thinking of using it to connect to the G4 then use the 3.5mm out on the mic to an FM transmitter to get the audio into the Ford stereo. I can't seem to find if it's rechargeable or not and how long the battery lasts. Any input on that?

Thanks again.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I am thinking of using it to connect to the G4 then use the 3.5mm out on the mic to an FM transmitter to get the audio into the Ford stereo. I can't seem to find if it's rechargeable or not and how long the battery lasts. Any input on that?

Thanks again.
The battery on it is great I just got it a few days ago and have only charged it once and that was Thursday night. As of writing this the battery is at 80 percent and I used it all day yesterday and all day today so far

DewAddict

All works as planned. I can now get audio out of the FM stereo in my truck. The process it a bit convoluted but it works. I have bluetooth connected to the Inrico mic then out the 3.5mm jack on the mic and into an FM transmitter. Thanks for suggesting the Mic.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
All works as planned. I can now get audio out of the FM stereo in my truck. The process it a bit convoluted but it works. I have bluetooth connected to the Inrico mic then out the 3.5mm jack on the mic and into an FM transmitter. Thanks for suggesting the Mic.
Great I’m glad it works

Status
Not open for further replies.