• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/5 Bluetooth Speaker Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
Finally found a bluetooth receiver that works in my 2016 VW Tiguan. It's a Walmart product Blackweb #567276629 and only costs about $7.00. Comes with 3.5 input adapter and USB charging cable. Unication G5 comes thru loud and clear with no beeps on reception. Using 1.20 firmware. It was in stock at my local store.
I grabbed one of these today, but no good for me. I have an older G4 with latest firmware, but I cannot get complete transmissions on this.
I have a newer G5 to try it on later, but I've just about given up on the bluetooth feature on the Unications (or lack of).

dough1590

I have found it will only pair in my vehicle if you go to "function settings" turn on bluetooth then switch on earphone. Both need to be activated for it to be connected to the device as BWA18A????. Make sure in-car radio volume is turned up.

mitbr

Full eval of Walmart Bluetooth mentioned earlier.
This eval is on the blackweb bluetooth audio streaming device available at your local walmart stores now on sale less than 7 dollars web link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb...oth-Devices-With-a-3-5mm-Audio-Jack/262302349

OK works perfectly!!!! Audio loud and clear on both car audio system and earbuds and my Sennheiser headphones.
Comes with everything you need charging cable, Bluetooth dongle, and audio plug adapter.

No beeps no buzzes no delays... occasional a slight echo but is not consistent and not that noticeable!
Charges in about 30 minutes has li ion battery range is about 5 ft or so.

Pairs up with the g4 or g5 easily no problems.

Charges with any 5 volt power source only comes with cable not charger.
Must use the supplied charging cable for proper pin outs.
Comes with instruction manual!
Buy this, it works, is readily available at your local Walmart and is currently on sale!!!
Hope this helps some..
Tim:cool:

N6ML

I picked up a couple of these last night. This morning, for a couple of hours, I've had my G5 on TG-Monitor, feeding the "Blackweb", in the background as I work. Three times now, it has sporadically disconnected. It speaks "disconnected" (something like that) and the G5 goes back to using its internal speaker. The red and blue LEDs are alternating (looks like a cop-car:). I can tell the G5 to reconnect, and it works again ... for a while. I've never had any other BT device sporadically disconnect like this. I suppose I should run one of them for an extended period to confirm.... but, initial impression is that the Blackweb is not reliable....

I should also note that I'm supplying power to the USB port when this happens.

mitbr

I picked up a couple of these last night. This morning, for a couple of hours, I've had my G5 on TG-Monitor, feeding the "Blackweb", in the background as I work. Three times now, it has sporadically disconnected. It speaks "disconnected" (something like that) and the G5 goes back to using its internal speaker. The red and blue LEDs are alternating (looks like a cop-car:). I can tell the G5 to reconnect, and it works again ... for a while. I've never had any other BT device sporadically disconnect like this. I suppose I should run one of them for an extended period to confirm.... but, initial impression is that the Blackweb is not reliable....

I should also note that I'm supplying power to the USB port when this happens.
Interesting I have not had this happen yet! I wonder if it still has the behavior when not connected to usb power?

I have not tested with usb power but have ran it without power just the battery for hours with no problems.

N6ML

Interesting I have not had this happen yet! I wonder if it still has the behavior when not connected to usb power?

I have not tested with usb power but have ran it without power just the battery for hours with no problems.

Yeah. I'm wondering if it resets when the battery becomes fully-charged, or something along those lines. I'll have to test without power connected at some point ... few other higher-priority things to work on right now, though.

mitbr

Yeah. I'm wondering if it resets when the battery becomes fully-charged, or something along those lines. I'll have to test without power connected at some point ... few other higher-priority things to work on right now, though.
Keep me posted thanks for replying!! I am also a ham are you on digital dmr or dstar??:cool:
Tim

N6ML

Will do. I was on DStar years ago, when it was new (around 2007/8), but lost interest after a while (shiny objects!). I still have a IC2820 in the mobile, but never use it on DStar any more.... 73!

N6ML

Experienced the sporadic disconnect from the Blackweb today, with no external power connected (and fully-charged battery).

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Until a few days ago, the Bluetooth beep issue probably prevented a number of people from even trying a Bluetooth speaker. Now, however, post Firmware: V1.2 update, I have rekindled my interest in this. I am interested in finding a suitable Bluetooth speaker to mount in a vehicle. What is out there these days?

I am also not necessarily opposed to getting a good quality communications speaker, with a traditional 3.5 mm plug, and adding a Bluetooth adapter.
I just went into Best Buy yesterday with my G5 and tried to pair to bluetooth speakers that were on display and the BB associate says were ready for pairing to tryout. I was unable to get the G5 to "see" any of them (12). Even with the firmware update I still cannot get audio through my Dodge vehicles 2016+2018... via "Uconnect." The Uconnect pairs with "Pager" and the Pager pairs with Uconnect but the audio does NOT come through the vehicle's system....still. I want loud audio capable, without beeps and delays. Someday.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
I have a G5 and about two weeks ago I purchased a “Just Wireless” model BT-42 Bluetooth headset from Walgreens for 20.00 and it works great. I have been using it daily with no issues so far.

the4gotn1

Premium Subscriber
  • Enable your pager's Bluetooth feature and turn Earphone ON.
  • In your Ford Vehicle, Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu. Press OK.
  • Press the arrow buttons until Add a Device displays. Press OK.
  • SYNC prompts, "Press OK to begin pairing the device." Press OK.
  • SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN provided by SYNC." Press OK.
  • When SYNC displays the six-digit PIN, press the Seek arrow until Special PIN displays. Press OK.
  • The number 0000 displays.
  • When your pager displays a similar prompt to enter a PIN, type the same numbers, 0000, and press OK or enter.

• I have a Ford vehicle with SYNC and I was able to connect to my 6 pin radio with a 4 pin Unication G5 using the trick above. However, I still do not receive any audio through my truck radio speakers. The G5 audio is silent because it shows that it is connected to BT headphones.

Any ideas I can try? Is there a setting I have incorrect that would mute the audio through bluetooth? I have firmware V1.2 and BT 2.0.​

N6ML

Any ideas I can try? Is there a setting I have incorrect that would mute the audio through bluetooth? I have firmware V1.2 and BT 2.0.

Don't think so. Several have reported this symptom. It's some sort of BT incompatibility.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The issue is probably the profile with BT2 in your G4 and BT 4 with the receiver. BT2 is not meant for media, BT 4 is. So your vehicle system is looking for media to be streamed but the G4 cant stream. So you have a connection but it wont handshake to pass audio.
Similar issues with other BT devices. It will work for phone profile but not media profile.
But thats my guess.

the4gotn1

Premium Subscriber
I am also confused as to how someone in the group with the same pager and the same firmware can suggest they bought Jlab Jbuds and got them to connect and work without the beep. I purchased them today and cannot even get them to connect.

the4gotn1

Premium Subscriber
I was finally able to pair my G5 with a bluetooth earbud! I did some research on the actual Unication Bluetooth device and read that it had trouble connecting around electronic devices, especially any USB3.0 ports. I had previously tried to pair at my computer desk and in my truck without any luck. I walked out in the yard, hit search and it instantly connected. I have been using it for about 4 hours now with no beeps and no disconnection. Here is a link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQVMFUN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I was in Detroit for a few days this week. First, the G5 did better at reception than any radio I've ever owned. I was receiving Detroit 20+ miles outside the city limits, which I've never been able to do in the 12 years I've been going out there. I recently picked up a Galaxy Note 10+, which does not have an earphone jack and I really didn't want to wear two bluetooth headsets (Unication and my Plantronics) so I picked up a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds. Good and bad news. The earbuds would not connect to two devices simultaneously to allow both my phone and the G5 to be in my ear (I didn't put a lot of effort into troubleshooting this), but they could be used with just one earbud in at a time. They paired without problem to the G5 and the best part of all was that there was no connection tone (ringing) before each transmission. It worked great for my needs.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I was in Detroit for a few days this week. First, the G5 did better at reception than any radio I've ever owned. I was receiving Detroit 20+ miles outside the city limits, which I've never been able to do in the 12 years I've been going out there.

Which direction(s) from the city?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Which direction(s) from the city?
Inside the hotel in Romulus, about 15 miles west and the last signal I heard was on the road about 25 miles east in Ontario on Route 401. I came in through Toledo and had signal well before I got on 275.

Status
Not open for further replies.