Unication G4/5 in Ontario

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I see lots of talk about it on the forums here, using the Unication G4/5 in it's scan mode - was curious if anyone in Ontario was using one, if they had positive/negative findings with it, and if they did purchase one, where from.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I like mine alot. It has amazing reception with the stock antenna and some good audio on it.
Use it for the 7/800MHz P25 systems and for VHF DMR.

Due to its size, I carry that around over the APX or Harris portables,if I won't be needing to transmit outside of the vehicle.

Sky Mobile in Windsor sells them. And Spectrum...who's now BearCom

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have one enroute to me... currently sitting in Customs waiting to be released. I've used one in the past and it worked well, but should be even better now with the newer firmware they have released.

It really comes down to what you are wanting to listen to. It's definitely not a scanner... but it does let you scan to a limited degree. For example, you can't scan anything trunked plus conventional frequencies at the same time. It also only works with P25 trunking, so it won't work with older systems like FleetNet.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Thank you @Forts @Muxlow. I like the idea of the size a lot and being able to program it to easily switch to specific channels/groups of channels with the knob. No FleetNet needed... specifically looking to monitor the 700/800 fire systems.

Forts, where did you order from?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I got mine thru a dealer on eBay. V/7/8 model with DMR already installed. I reached out to a few other dealers but none of them had any in stock that were DMR enabled, meaning they would have to order me one or I buy the pager then have to send it to Unication for the upgrade. I really didn't want to go thru that process if I could help it. Lucked out and found one ready go to!

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I got mine thru a dealer on eBay. V/7/8 model with DMR already installed. I reached out to a few other dealers but none of them had any in stock that were DMR enabled, meaning they would have to order me one or I buy the pager then have to send it to Unication for the upgrade. I really didn't want to go thru that process if I could help it. Lucked out and found one ready go to!
Would you mind linking or naming the dealer? Looking on eBay the prices seem reasonable... just wanted to see if there was a particular trusted dealer. I have little to no eBay experience, quite honestly.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I got mine from a seller called 'acme*sales'. It doesn't look like he currently has anything else for sale at the moment.