• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just got the Unication 64. Notice a tag on the battery that says pull. Do you leave the tag on to easily remove the battery from pager when you want to?

county

Premium Subscriber
Just got the Unication 64. Notice a tag on the battery that says pull. Do you leave the tag on to easily remove the battery from pager when you want to?
Definitely leave the tag in place as it will help you later remove the battery when you need to replace it. BUT, it is by no means a perfect method as after a period of time the battery really seems to get seated tightly. . requiring more supplemental prying force from a carefully applied flathead or the like. I have inadvertently torn my pull tag because of how tight the battery got seated. YMMV.

With battery #1 I was so excited to get the radio going I assumed the 'pull' was before initial use . . lol and that I needed to remove the tab to expose contacts, wrong!

ecarvalho

Another tight part is the belt clip latch - god I hate it when I need to remove it lol

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Left my tab on the battery too since the contacts are at the bottom. AND YES! to **ecarvalho about that belt clip. I couldn't get it off for anything. Finally gave up and used WD40 very carefully not to let it drip or spray on any other part of the pager. It still took knuckle busting, screwdriver jamming effort to finally get it moving and off. It was easier the 2nd time I took it off. But it's back to being a pain again. Someone should have designed it with screws only.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
That tab is very confusing, to many people. I had to stop most of my FD from trying to pull it off of the battery. I did explain the intent of the tab, but that it is useless for that function, when you have the belt clip installed.

Sent via Tapatalk

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Wish I would have read this a week ago! LOL I pulled the tag off of my battery, but enough "came with it" that I was able to stick it back on.

And that belt clip! I really like the clip when I am mobile. But in order to put the unit in the charging base (at least the one with the amplified speaker) - you have take the clip off!

Every time I start thinking "I wish this G4 did this or that" - I then remember what P25 was like with my Bearcats!

-Bruce

ecarvalho

Hi Bruce
You "can" sit your G4 on the base amp charger with the belt clip. Just hold the clip open as you insert the radio in the charger bay and then let it go.
I hate the clip and since my G4 is only used with the base I took the belt clip off of it.

elrod

I have also had the same experience with my G5.
I love this radio But poor documentation and a few other things are a little disappointing.
It beats the simulcast issues though.

Chuck

troymail

Silent Key
I wasn't sure but the tab seemed to be telling me to pull it off when I got the radio so I did - so far, no big deal as far as I can tell.

As for the belt clip - BE CAREFUL..... I put it on the radio at first but later took it off. I did so by pushing the little plastic clip forward and sliding the whole belt clip off. HOWEVER, at some point later, I put the clip back on and walked around doing some work in my yard. At some point, I noticed the radio was missing. I backtracked my steps and found it laying in the grass....

Needless to say - I haven't used the belt clip since (and probably will never use it again).

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bruce
You "can" sit your G4 on the base amp charger with the belt clip. Just hold the clip open as you insert the radio in the charger bay and then let it go.
I hate the clip and since my G4 is only used with the base I took the belt clip off of it.

Cool! Thanks, I'll give it a try!

ecarvalho

...HOWEVER, at some point later, I put the clip back on and walked around doing some work in my yard. At some point, I noticed the radio was missing. I backtracked my steps and found it laying in the grass....

Needless to say - I haven't used the belt clip since (and probably will never use it again).

Darn it why wasn't I following you that day? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.