• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4 crashes one one particular simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferguson4809

I have a Unication G4 programmed with the appropriate GATRRS sites that the G4 is capable of monitoring. I have noticed however that when the radio connects to one spesific simulcast within the system the radio will glitch out. The RFSS/Site will go from 1/20 to 0/0 and then the radio will crash. Has anyone ever encountered this and if you have, how do I fix it. I copied my info directly from RR website.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I have had this problem on GATRRS Simulcast 1 on my G4 that was at one point on the beta. My G4 that never got the beta doesn't have this issue. It got so bad I ended up flashing back from the beta firmware to the current public firmware. It still does it from time to time, but its more noticeable when I am in weak or no coverage of the site.

CbusRog

Premium Subscriber
OP, Which specific site is causing this? You mention the RFSS/Site goes from 1/20 to 0/0. Looking at the GATRRS database, there is no 1/032(20) site. Were you just using that as an example? Also, I see from your signature that you are monitoring Lampassas County. That site is VHF (159.4275c). Is it safe to assume you are using one of your Motorola radios to monitor Lampassas, or could that site have inadvertently been included in your code plug?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
General question about the WACN: is the RRDB entry BEE09 correct for GATTRS system? Typically it is BEE00 for Motorola systems.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
OP, Which specific site is causing this? You mention the RFSS/Site goes from 1/20 to 0/0. Looking at the GATRRS database, there is no 1/032(20) site. Were you just using that as an example? Also, I see from your signature that you are monitoring Lampassas County. That site is VHF (159.4275c). Is it safe to assume you are using one of your Motorola radios to monitor Lampassas, or could that site have inadvertently been included in your code plug?
The site number on my G5 is displayed in decimal, and there is a site 1/20 (dec) - Williamson Simulcast. It uses 800 MHz channels.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
General question about the WACN: is the RRDB entry BEE09 correct for GATTRS system? Typically it is BEE00 for Motorola systems.

It's BEE09.

Status
Not open for further replies.