• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Firmware 1.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXKiLLz

I thought the bluetooth issues were fixed with this firmware. My Plantronics m165 earpiece is still beeping every time the G4 receives a voice call.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I thought the bluetooth issues were fixed with this firmware. My Plantronics m165 earpiece is still beeping every time the G4 receives a voice call.
The release notes on the website don’t list any BT changes. But they say they fixed the amplified charger popping. And added encryption mute.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
NONE of my BT devices have the tones now. Thanks Unication. Even my hard to PAIR-UP cup shaped FM transmitter for my car is perfect. LOUD and clear, no tones.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Encryption mute works. During an encrypted call you don't even know a call is taking place, so it completely ignores it.

This is with AES256, haven't tested ADP yet.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@ MaXKiLLz - I did on another thread, copy and pasted here --
"Jabra mini - Jabra classic ear piece, Lutu FM cup shaped* BT transmitter for car, Smart OmiHoop headphones and Doocooler BT transmitter and receiver all working perfect with no ring tones. Working good after new firmware update 1.20 and new PPS saved profiles 5.4 instead of older 4.9 PPS" I went into each Profile (code plug) SAVED it and now it shows 5.4 in the PPS version instead of 4.9. I always SAVE my profiles in any new PPS so it's updated that way too, then uploaded to the pager. It all works

nyscan

Can your current PPS be updated or do you have to download the new release on it's own and import your profiles?

N6ML

Can your current PPS be updated or do you have to download the new release on it's own and import your profiles?

Each release installs separately, but it should prompt to import from the previous release(s) on startup. It's probably a good idea to uninstall any old release(s) once the new one is up and running.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I figured I'd share my experience with the encryption mute on the G4 so far. Here in Blount county the TACN system uses Motorola Phase I with APD encryption. After updating the firmware my G4 is muting ALL of the P25 voice calls (Haven't tested DMR). Pushing and holding the top left side button is the only way I've found so far which will allow the audio to be heard. Anyone else having this issue, or any suggestions on changes I should make settings wise?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@ Floridarailfanning. That happens after new updates for PPS when you have OFF DUTY listed in the controls AND or ... TONE isn't selected in your Zone set-ups individual talkgroups. The alert MODE is the thing that changes it from muted to sound for every talkgroup in step #4 in the PPS AND in a ZONE in step#5 when you look at the bottom for a drop down box, can't be set to "off" has to be TONE.
A well known thing from 2 firmwares ago. Discussed here
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/g5-pager.362615/

Last edited by a moderator:

Haley

Did the update (PPS and 1.2) last night , working great here! ENC. mute is working very well, on my home system ,that alone was worth doing the updates! Thanks Unication!

Status
Not open for further replies.