• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Firmware 1.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
This is the description of the Encryption mute as found on the PPS

Encrypted Voice Messages
  • Definition When receiving an encrypted message: 1. Enable: 1a. If you do not have the encryption key, Pager will play unrecognizable data tones.
    1b. If you have the encryption key, Pager will use the key to decrypt the voice and play the voice.
    1c. If the encryption key is wrong, Pager will play unrecognizable data tones. 2. Disable(Default): Pager will ignore the received voice message This setting is only related to encrypted messages. Regardless of the setting, Pager will play the received unencrypted voice messages.

hfd26

2 question here. 1. what is the p25 sub-group (digital address) AND 2 how come I get a message say receiving sub-group id duplicate,please check your sub-group id settings.

MaXKiLLz

With the 1.2 update, I'm hearing the very beginning of voice transmissions repeated twice. Once at very low volume and the second time at normal volume. It's seems to be happening when my G4 is either in the amplified charger or when using my bluetooth headphones. For example, "Dispatch to, dispatch to engine 7", "Engine 7, engine 7 go ahead dispatch". Like I said the first part is at low volume and it doesn't happen every time. I tried disabling "voice buffering" via the G4's menu, but the option is greyed out when on the amplified charger or when on bluetooth headphones.

Last edited:

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
It buffers the first transmission when it seems to flip on the audio amp in the charger. Interesting... it's working good for me.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The pop in the amplified charger is gone (make that better, I still hear it a bit), but I am noticing a slight/brief squeal noise (best I can describe it) at the end of a set of transmissions (after a hang time) when in the charger.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Bummer.... No option to disable encryption receive in conventional mode... huh?? If there is a way, I can't find it...

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Are you also hearing this "echo" I described?
Yes while in the charger... if it buffers it seems to be playing a partially missed TX right before the buffered play.. seems like a small price to pay.. I had to mute the other reference radios to notice. Won't mind using the amp/charger now.

MaXKiLLz

The pop in the amplified charger is gone (make that better, I still hear it a bit), but I am noticing a slight/brief squeal noise (best I can describe it) at the end of a set of transmissions (after a hang time) when in the charger.
I also would say it's improved but not eliminated. When the amplified charger audio at the beginning and end of transmissions sounds the same as when the pager is in your hand, I would call it fixed.

lifeson

Premium Subscriber
Hey group,
Is anyone else getting a lower volume delay (echo) before you fully hear on amplified charger base after this update? Also I have the g5 64 model and it upgraded to 66. But I still don’t see dmr .
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

K6LEH

Premium Subscriber
I am happy with the update. For me, the audio seems better on my unit with this firmware. Sounds better on the amplified charger (popping is gone as expected). Also, nice to to see the additional “C” icon while charging.

A very small issue, while on either on bluetooth or the amplified charger; there is a VERY faint “echo” or “ghost” of a transmission right before you hear the actual full transmission. I don’t detect it while listening on just the pager speaker itself.
Anyone else notice this?

BigWonton

I also would say it's improved but not eliminated. When the amplified charger audio at the beginning and end of transmissions sounds the same as when the pager is in your hand, I would call it fixed.

My experiences as well. There is still a slight pop at the start of a transmission (after the display turns off).

I'm also noticing more "Out of Range" notifications when on the amplified charger compared to before upgrading the firmware

MaXKiLLz

A very small issue, while on either on bluetooth or the amplified charger; there is a VERY faint “echo” or “ghost” of a transmission right before you hear the actual full transmission. I don’t detect it while listening on just the pager speaker itself.
Anyone else notice this?

With the 1.2 update, I'm hearing the very beginning of voice transmissions repeated twice. Once at very low volume and the second time at normal volume. It's seems to be happening when my G4 is either in the amplified charger or when using my bluetooth headphones. For example, "Dispatch to, dispatch to engine 7", "Engine 7, engine 7 go ahead dispatch". Like I said the first part is at low volume and it doesn't happen every time. I tried disabling "voice buffering" via the G4's menu, but the option is greyed out when on the amplified charger or when on bluetooth headphones.

I posted the very same thing two hours ago in this same thread.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Successful update.

GOOD:
It doesn’t mute encrypted talkgroups...it just skips right over it ! Nice feature when certain talkgroups are not strapped. Also seeing some late entry correction of RIDs if the other unit keys up quickly. It will change in the middle of the conversation to the correct RID instead of holding on the old one. BT issue seems to be corrected (at least on the devices I use).

BAD:
Still talkgroup hold. Still no nuisance delete. RX still overrides menu if you are trying to change zones. Still no ability to move Site Alias to first screen so I know what site I’m on instead of memorizing numbers. Still no RID alias so I can see who is talking. No talkgroup sort feature in PPS tied to a system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.