Unication G4 G5 on Mesa/Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulb

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely. Make sure you program in the RFSS and Site info....as in RFSS 3 and Site 1 assuming you are in Mesa Proper and trying to listen to the main simulcast layer.

I was there all last week. It even worked west of DT Phoenix.

Very nice package and nice audio!

Quint6

Hi
Tks for the info
Any info for programming RWC FD K-deck, Any one simulcasts work better ?

tks

kb7kfc

Premium Subscriber
The TOPAZ system works just fine on the G4 also the Phoenix RWC works great if your after Phoenix fire K Decks i have Simulcast B,C,F,G,H sites in and i can roam all over the valley and works great.

John

Quint6

From Chandler/SE Valley Does G4/G5 pick up anything from the west valley like Glendale PD Goodyear PD etc... I can pick up Surprise & Peoria PD clear as day on the scanners in Queen Creek but Chandler PD comes in weak

KB7MIB

Peoria PD and Suprise PD are both carried on the White Tanks Mtn IR site. This mountaintop location is the reason that you can hear them so well from the far Southeast Valley, whereas Chandler PD is on basically the ground level Simulcast C.
Glendale, El Mirage, Tolleson, Avondale and Goodyear are not carried on the White Tanks IR. All are carried on Simulcast G. Glendale (South) is, and Tolleson and Avondale may be, carried on Simulcast B in Phoenix.

I don't have a Unication myself.

John
Peoria

tipster67

The TOPAZ system works just fine on the G4 also the Phoenix RWC works great if your after Phoenix fire K Decks i have Simulcast B,C,F,G,H sites in and i can roam all over the valley and works great.

John

So I am still learning here, so please bare with me... You have Sim b, c, f, g and h sites all on the same knob location. And I am guessing it just picks up and locks on to the strongest signal??

Quint6

Peoria PD and Suprise PD are both carried on the White Tanks Mtn IR site. This mountaintop location is the reason that you can hear them so well from the far Southeast Valley, whereas Chandler PD is on basically the ground level Simulcast C.
Glendale, El Mirage, Tolleson, Avondale and Goodyear are not carried on the White Tanks IR. All are carried on Simulcast G. Glendale (South) is, and Tolleson and Avondale may be, carried on Simulcast B in Phoenix.

John
Peoria

tks for the info, I'm thinking of buying one

KB7MIB

If I could justify the expense, I would buy one myself. The simulcast systems are difficult to receive, especially mobile.

John
Peoria

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
G4 g5 what are we talking about?

I notice mesa pd a little quiet lately did something change? I am streaming mesa fire and pd. I up loaded the frequencies by using software. arc500.

KB7MIB

Last edited:

Quint6

John
Peoria

Since the White Tanks & Thompson Peak towers come in strong loud and clear in Queen Creek, are their and other RWC towers that are high up that might be able to be picked up in Queen Creek ? and are their any FD K deck channels on the white tanks ? funny I can see the White Tanks all the way from Power & Pecos

KB7MIB

K-2 is carried on both the White Tanks and Thompson Peak IR sites. Only Towers Mtn seems to carry any other K-deck TG's, and so far I've only heard K-1 and K-6 on it, due to North County and/or Surprise units affiliating to that site I assume.
South Mtn and possibly North Mtn should be receivable by you. Far North Mtn, aka Mt. Gillen at 7th Ave and Carefree Highway, and Sacaton Peak, are the other two high sites.

(There is an IR site in Anthem, but it's not on a mountain top to my knowledge. I believe it's on a tower at the outlet mall. The Quintero IR site is located in the Quintero community in Peoria, west of Lake Pleasant on the north side of Carefree Highway. It only comes active if a unit is in or close to the community.)

You can try Sacaton Peak, but I don't know what it carries, if anything at all unless a unit from Sun Lakes, Chandler, Tempe, Guadalupe or Phoenix responds to a mutual aid call in the Gilbert/Queen Creek/Apache Junction area.

John
Peoria

Quint6

K-2 is carried on both the White Tanks and Thompson Peak IR sites. Only Towers Mtn seems to carry any other K-deck TG's, and so far I've only heard K-1 and K-6 on it, due to North County and/or Surprise units affiliating to that site I assume.
South Mtn and possibly North Mtn should be receivable by you. Far North Mtn, aka Mt. Gillen at 7th Ave and Carefree Highway, and Sacaton Peak, are the other two high sites.

(There is an IR site in Anthem, but it's not on a mountain top to my knowledge. I believe it's on a tower at the outlet mall. The Quintero IR site is located in the Quintero community in Peoria, west of Lake Pleasant on the north side of Carefree Highway. It only comes active if a unit is in or close to the community.)

You can try Sacaton Peak, but I don't know what it carries, if anything at all unless a unit from Sun Lakes, Chandler, Tempe, Guadalupe or Phoenix responds to a mutual aid call in the Gilbert/Queen Creek/Apache Junction area.

John

tks for the info,

Peoria

Tks for the info , Even getting Sim C is 50/50 Anything carried on N & Far N mountains, If i can pick up control channels I should be able to hear voice traffic ? Anyone got AMR Queen Creek/Gibert, AMR Lifeline Scottsdale/Chandler/Tempe Maricopa Ambulance & ABC Ambulance dispatch frequencies. I know Ambo to Hosp are on encripted, what deck are they on, does each Hospital have their own TG#

KB7MIB

You'll find city services, light rail, and the community college district on the North Mtn site. I'm not sure about Mt. Gillen.

I think most ambulance to hospital comms, when needed, are via cell phone. From what I understand, medics typically follow an SOP in the field, so other than maybe a courtesy call to let the ER know they're enroute, patches between a medic and the doctor like we saw on "Emergency!" are rare now, unless there is an unusual situation, or perhaps if there is a rarely used procedure that needs doctor approval. I've been told that the Phoenix FD RDC uses D-deck for those patches. TG's 1755-1759 supposedly correspond to D-deck 12 through 8. However, I do not have the full information about all of this, only bits and pieces.

John
Peoria

K2RNI

You'll find city services, light rail, and the community college district on the North Mtn site. I'm not sure about Mt. Gillen.

I think most ambulance to hospital comms, when needed, are via cell phone. From what I understand, medics typically follow an SOP in the field, so other than maybe a courtesy call to let the ER know they're enroute, patches between a medic and the doctor like we saw on "Emergency!" are rare now, unless there is an unusual situation, or perhaps if there is a rarely used procedure that needs doctor approval. I've been told that the Phoenix FD RDC uses D-deck for those patches. TG's 1755-1759 supposedly correspond to D-deck 12 through 8. However, I do not have the full information about all of this, only bits and pieces.

John
Peoria

I love that show, those lowband handhelds with the telescopic whip are fun. The orange case radio with a telemetry transmitter was awesome. Wonder if there ever really was anything like that or it's just tv magic.

KB7MIB

Yes, they actually existed.
That particular model was a Biophone 3502 telemetry radio. It operated in the UHF Medical band (462.950-463.175, + 5MHz.)

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I love that show, those lowband handhelds with the telescopic whip are fun. The orange case radio with a telemetry transmitter was awesome. Wonder if there ever really was anything like that or it's just tv magic.

I'm with you, when I started we had a very large Life Pack 4, and the big orange box. About a year after we switch to a "smaller" Motorola radio in a white case that flipped open at one end. For the life of me right now I can't remember the radio model. It was UHF on the Med Channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.