Unication G4 G5 on Mesa/Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I'm with you, when I started we had a very large Life Pack 4, and the big orange box. About a year after we switch to a "smaller" Motorola radio in a white case that flipped open at one end. For the life of me right now I can't remember the radio model. It was UHF on the Med Channels.

Was it the APCOR?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_APCOR

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize your comment had already been replied to.

John
Peoria

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Anyone here have a PPS file for G4/G5 for the Phoenix & Surrounding areas, that they might want to send me....it would be appreciated.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
They're talking about the Unication G4 and G5 P25 capable pagers, which provide much better reception of LSM systems, such as the RWC and TOPAZ RWC.

Unless you end up in a "lucky spot"...so true.

My office sits 8-9 blocks from North Mountain, so I can set my 436 down and have 100% perfect reception on simulcast A / B. But any time you end up with more than one tower hitting the radio with even somewhat even signal levels, ugggh. Of course the yagi can help in some case for base radios, but mobile users feel the pain for sure.

I've thought about the pager but my scanning requirements are too diversified to be happy with the limitations....such is life I guess.

djewel6

Tks for the info , Even getting Sim C is 50/50 Anything carried on N & Far N mountains, If i can pick up control channels I should be able to hear voice traffic ? Anyone got AMR Queen Creek/Gibert, AMR Lifeline Scottsdale/Chandler/Tempe Maricopa Ambulance & ABC Ambulance dispatch frequencies. I know Ambo to Hosp are on encripted, what deck are they on, does each Hospital have their own TG#

Any ambulance dispatched for 911 would be dispatched off which ever of the two trunked systems the ambulance is tied to.. IE Scottsdale, Glendale, Tempe etc are all dispatched through the Trunked system headed up by Phoenix Regional Fire Dispatch (PFD and Surprise I believe are the two agencies who actually have their own in house EMS transports)

Mesa, Gilbert, (both of which use AMR), Queen Creek ( Thought they were going to do such as Superstition Mtn in Pinal Co and run their own EMS) are all dispatched through Topaz Regional which covers the East Valley areas from basically the East Side of 101 to US 60 out past where it is a regular access 4 lane Highway in the area of Station 264 and 265..

There is an AMR dispatch channel(s) but I believe most of it is IFT calls

Status
Not open for further replies.