Unication G4 or G5 in Evansville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6698

I have a quick question with the G4 and G5. I would like to purchase one of them due to the compact size. It looks like from what I can tell a G4 would be good enough to receive Vanderburgh County P25. Would a G5 be of any benefit over the G4 as far as receiving anything else? I have several scanners that would probably cover everything else except NXDN, which I am not really concerned about. I believe a G4 would be pretty much all I would need for Vanderburgh Co.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I have a quick question with the G4 and G5. I would like to purchase one of them due to the compact size. It looks like from what I can tell a G4 would be good enough to receive Vanderburgh County P25. Would a G5 be of any benefit over the G4 as far as receiving anything else? I have several scanners that would probably cover everything else except NXDN, which I am not really concerned about. I believe a G4 would be pretty much all I would need for Vanderburgh Co.
Talk to TRIDO, he has experience with Unication in this area

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
yes g4 is perfect for vand cty system.i have g4 and g5 the g5 i use for uhf dmr stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed6698

Thank you both for responding to my inquiry on the G4.

I have also responded to Trido by direct message. Again thank you both for the assistance.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
here is my email for any questions
hamstation@ gmail.com

beta firmware soon will add tg hold and remove and can scan multi trunked systems

eaf1956

Feed Provider
here is my email for any questions
hamstation@ gmail.com

beta firmware soon will add tg hold and remove and can scan multi trunked systems
That email still works? bet it doesn't have that space after the @ sign.

Ed6698

Well I got a Unication G4 from Ray's Pagers, works great on the Evansville P25 system, really like the compact size. Thanks to Jeff for giving me assistance on programming, that gave me a good starting point to figure out the G4 programming.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Cant wait for you to get the scanning features , I hope soon.I know Unication TW is fine tuning the scanning between systems,it works in current beta however they want to make it better.

Well I got a Unication G4 from Ray's Pagers, works great on the Evansville P25 system, really like the compact size. Thanks to Jeff for giving me assistance on programming, that gave me a good starting point on starting to figure out the G4 programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.