Unication G4 question for programming SAFE-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

afdscan

Does anyone in Indiana know how to program SAFE-T system on a Unification G4? I have entered a couple of sites that are nearby, but it keeps telling me that it is out of range.

RBMTS

When you created the system in the PPS did you properly enter the SysID and the WACN? This is an important step. Also when you entered the CC frequencies, did you program in just your LOCAL site or did you enter many different CC's for different sites. If your answer is yes, delete all the CC's with exception of the most local site to you (start simple). The reason I say this is that your G4 might be trying to connect to a site further away and the signal is just not strong enough - thus getting the OOR.

If the above suggestions don't work, export your code plug, zip it, and upload here so that we can take a look at it for you.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I live in central Indiana and have my G4 programmed to monitor the Hendricks County SAFE-T simulcast site which it does quite well. I may be able to help.

afdscan

Yes, I entered the System ID and the WACN. The only CC I entered was for a local site that is about 7 miles from my home. It is still telling me that I am out of range.

RBMTS

You didn't maybe attach a different antenna to it did you? There is several threads about 3rd party antennas that push the center pin down too far into the radio causing the primary antenna to lose connection. Does it receive anything?

Upload your codeplug so that we can look at it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.