Unication G4 - Tulsa Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxcomrox

So I'm noticing that several are carrying the Unication 4 and 5 in Tulsa for scanning and for Fire pagers. Has anyone played with these on the OKWIN P25 network?

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I've read several good things about them. I've contemplated picking one up.. but I have so many projects I want to do that are all $$$$$$$$$.

roxcomrox

I've read several good things about them. I've contemplated picking one up.. but I have so many projects I want to do that are all $$$$$$$$$.

So far I'm loving the G4 unit. It's NOT a scanner but it make my Whistler TX-1 look bad. I can pickup BA's P25 network from Sand Springs and Getting all TPD, TFD, Owasso, OHP-B/XA, Creek County SO all crystal clear on P25 everywhere in the metro.. I find it funny that Sand Springs isn't even simulcasting their stuff full-time. It's a pain when I can't hear SSFD or SSPD.

You can program it to your hearts desire and while it is promised to be Phase 2 ready by summer they are still not giving an ETA on "Holding" or implementing a "delay" so it really goes from 1 transmission to another and unless you have each 8 banks programmed (256 TID's Max per bank) set to a side of town you can get lost fast.

I've put RMA-NE-A (Tone out for any Shootings, Robberies or Officer down to all metro departments) in every single bank so I can know which TG to go to to listen. I've also added the TFD Districts to the TPD slots that match so I can hear if a fire is in the slot I'm listening to.. again it's not a scanner in what we are used to.

There is an extensive group here on RR dedicated to the Unification Pager and I recommend a good read before dropping $500+ on one.

One last bonus, It will record everything that you hear and has a nifty button that you can quickly go back to hear like the whistlers except not 10 menu steps.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
So far I'm loving the G4 unit. It's NOT a scanner but it make my Whistler TX-1 look bad. I can pickup BA's P25 network from Sand Springs and Getting all TPD, TFD, Owasso, OHP-B/XA, Creek County SO all crystal clear on P25 everywhere in the metro.. I find it funny that Sand Springs isn't even simulcasting their stuff full-time. It's a pain when I can't hear SSFD or SSPD.

You can program it to your hearts desire and while it is promised to be Phase 2 ready by summer they are still not giving an ETA on "Holding" or implementing a "delay" so it really goes from 1 transmission to another and unless you have each 8 banks programmed (256 TID's Max per bank) set to a side of town you can get lost fast.

Any chance you could post up a video of this in action?

roxcomrox

Any chance you could post up a video of this in action?

I will attempt but as another user posted there are many side-by-side demos on youtube. To add to my main note it seems part of the BA P25 system (Cityplex, Wagoner) are indeed Phase 2. I also noticed that when on Owasso's tower that many TG's from Tulsa aren't available unless a radio is registered on their towners. I assume this is because of their limited number of frequencies.

elvijilante

G4 Unication programing I need help.

I've put RMA-NE-A (Tone out for any Shootings, Robberies or Officer down to all metro departments) in every single bank so I can know which TG to go to to listen. I've also added the TFD Districts to the TPD slots that match so I can hear if a fire is in the slot I'm listening to.. again it's not a scanner in what we are used to.

There is an extensive group here on RR dedicated to the Unification Pager and I recommend a good read before dropping $500+ on one.

One last bonus, It will record everything that you hear and has a nifty button that you can quickly go back to hear like the whistlers except not 10 menu steps.

I bought A G4 unication pager and a contractor for Scanner master could not get mine to work using P25 frequencies from Tulsa Oklahoma. I currently have 840 dollars invested on amp and extra devices for the G4 unication pager that is collecting dust. I try to download the frequency my self but so far is telling me is out of range. Can someone help me find somewhere I can send it to be programmed correctly please. Scanner master subcontractor could not do it. My name is Benjamin 918-629-3676 from Tulsa oklahoma.

troymail

Silent Key
I bought A G4 unication pager and a contractor for Scanner master could not get mine to work using P25 frequencies from Tulsa Oklahoma. I currently have 840 dollars invested on amp and extra devices for the G4 unication pager that is collecting dust. I try to download the frequency my self but so far is telling me is out of range. Can someone help me find somewhere I can send it to be programmed correctly please. Scanner master subcontractor could not do it. My name is Benjamin 918-629-3676 from Tulsa oklahoma.

The Unications will report "out of range" for lots of different reasons --

• can't find a control channel frequency in what you have programmed
  • the site frequencies provided are definitely out of range
  • WACN, SysId, RFSS and/or Site values invalid - you entered decimal values vs. hex and/or the info you have is just bad/wrong

You can wildcard everything - WACN, SysId, RFSS, SiteId and even talkgroup ID (the latter with the latest firmware) - and even let the radio search frequency ranges verses provided specific ones. However, I wouldn't necessarily wildcard everything at the same time.

If the frequencies are reasonably certain to be correct and in range, try wildcarding WACN (FFFFF), SysId (FFF) RFSS (FF) and/or SiteId (FF).

Last edited:

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an older thread, but does someone have a programming setup they would like to share with me for OKWIN / BA etc. Trying to learn this before I buy one!

Status
Not open for further replies.