• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 and Pairing Apple Airpods over Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I got put on 1.3 for control channel issues and my JLab Go Air ear buds started working. It's been great!

junkycosmos

hello
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a lot of us might really be interested in v1.3 firmware for G5 that is due to have BT firmware update in it too.

Here is hoping the BT stack is fully updated to BT4 in the v1.3 firmware.

Relicwr,
Two questions for you with a G5 on v1.3, please

Have you checked in your PPS to see (section D 1; user group info) in the Model Number Information section, see what your G5 hardware shows as :BT2.0 or something else ?

Have you checked on your G5 to see (menu, info 3rd page) what your model info shows as G5B##BF or something else like G5P##BF ?

thx

fmulder13

I am utilizing the Unication Smart Dual Bluetooth Headset with my G5 Pager. The headset works well BUT there is a beep at the beginning of every single voice transmission from the G5 Pager that over rides the first part of every single voice transmission. David from Unication has acknowledged that the beep is there and has indicated that Unication is working to eliminate beep.
Does that headset actually allow two simultaneous connections?

RetiredVolunteer

Premium Subscriber
Does that headset actually allow two simultaneous connections?
Never tried to see if the Unication Smart Dual Bluetooth Headset actually allowed two simultaneous connections. Because of the beep and the loss of the first part of the beginning of every single voice transmission from the G5 Pager, I have discontinued utilizing the headset.

Gary

greggill

I bought the Mpow M30 earbuds and they work great with my G5 running firmware 1.20. No beeps, no crackling or popping sounds. Just nice clear audio. Transmissions do not get cut off at the beginning. There is about a 1 second buffer in the audio, so it is not in sync with my department radio, but the whole transmission is there. They work in stereo and mono. So you can wear just one earbud if you want to.

shadow925

I bought the Mpow M30 earbuds and they work great with my G5 running firmware 1.20. No beeps, no crackling or popping sounds. Just nice clear audio. Transmissions do not get cut off at the beginning. There is about a 1 second buffer in the audio, so it is not in sync with my department radio, but the whole transmission is there. They work in stereo and mono. So you can wear just one earbud if you want to.

Thanks for the tip. Just bought a pair and hope to have them tomorrow.

blackbelter

Apparently, unication has addressed this issue in their upcoming FW(s) and some beta testers have reported pairing up with their BOSE QC35 and Apple AirPods Pro.

AdamHLG

My airpods work in 1.3 beta. Hang in there it’s probably getting real close.

shadow925

Thanks Greg. Received my M30 today and sound great so far.
Ed
I received mine yesterday and agree with this. The tone is much better than other bluetooth I used that sounded muffled. These are very clear for voice.

My only question so far is the volume level is a bit low. Can the volume only be adjusted by the radio knob? I tried holding the button on the right side but it didn't change the volume.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Shadow,
Instructions on M30 states Right earbud volume up keep touching it, volume will be up increasingly. Touch center of the ear bud.
I have tried and did notice a difference.
Ed

shadow925

Yeah Ed, I tried that but didn't notice much if any difference. I did pair to my laptop and the audio level was much higher than my G4. I'm only wearing the right one so I can keep 1 ear open and need to put the radio volume to 100 for the level to be acceptable. I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't accidentally disconnect and start blaring audio.

greggill

Glad the M30 is working for others as well! I think the G5 audio is just low over BT for some reason and not an issue with BT device itself. Audio seemed louder when I used both earbuds. You have to use volume knob on G5 to increase volume while using M30 earbuds. When I paired the earbuds with my iPhone and increased the volume using the earbuds it just increased the volume on the iPhone itself. So the volume control on the M30 earbuds is dependent on (not independent of) the volume of the device it’s paired with.

Netupsar

I have ear buds that fill my ear and they are low with my stock G5 if I use 1. That is why I tried the bone fones, they don't go in your ear, and the volume is good enough to use on my bike or mower(with over protection).
BoneFones post this thread

blackbelter

So far I have not had luck pairing my Apple AirPod pro and or BOSE QC35 With my G5 with the 1.3 FW.
Any tips or suggestions ? Function status is on , earphone on and visible searching and can not pair .. any steps in PPS ?

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
So far I have not had luck pairing my Apple AirPod pro and or BOSE QC35 With my G5 with the 1.3 FW.
Any tips or suggestions ? Function status is on , earphone on and visible searching and can not pair .. any steps in PPS ?
I’ve been able to pair and use the original AirPods now with V1.3. Just an obvious question, have you also activated the pairing mode on the AirPods? What about the AirPods being paired already to something else, not allowing to pair with the radio?

blackbelter

Success , after several minutes I was finally able to pair up the G5 V 1.3 With my Apple AirPod Pro .

Status
Not open for further replies.