Unication G5 & BaltCo 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatbod

Assuming that A2 is reverting back to Phase II and the G5 no longer receives any transmissions, then it would follow that if a mutual aid company like AACO or HOWCO come up on A2 for a call in PGCO, A2 would now be phase I and the G5 would receive transmissions on A2. I guess that's the test. For the record, it is no longer receiving any transmissions on A2.

I think it only takes one P25P1 radio to successfully affiliate on a given TG to cause that TG to fall back to FDMA operation. Obviously it halves the traffic capacity so I'm sure the radio techs don't like it.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I think it only takes one P25P1 radio to successfully affiliate on a given TG to cause that TG to fall back to FDMA operation. Obviously it halves the traffic capacity so I'm sure the radio techs don't like it.

Assuming the TG's are set to DDM. They can be set to FDMA only, TDMA only or DDM (Dual-Dynamic Mode).

troymail

Silent Key
Been monitoring PG fireground talkgroups this afternoon on my G4. Just had back-to-back box alarms - one on 8A3 and the other on 8A7. Neither incident (best I could tell) had any mutual aid (of out county) units on the call. However, the activity came up on 8A3 and then went away before the end of the incident and then 8A7 was briefly active. Clearly someone with a Phase 1 radio heard the dispatches and was monitoring and then turn it off once it was determined there was nothing to it.

Just one of those things that makes listening on a non-Phase 2 radio interesting... looking forward to the future Phase 2 firmware update on the G4/G5...

BTW - reception was awesome on my G4 during the brief times the talkgroups were active....

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring PG fireground talkgroups this afternoon on my G4. Just had back-to-back box alarms - one on 8A3 and the other on 8A7. Neither incident (best I could tell) had any mutual aid (of out county) units on the call. However, the activity came up on 8A3 and then went away before the end of the incident and then 8A7 was briefly active. Clearly someone with a Phase 1 radio heard the dispatches and was monitoring and then turn it off once it was determined there was nothing to it.

Just one of those things that makes listening on a non-Phase 2 radio interesting... looking forward to the future Phase 2 firmware update on the G4/G5...

BTW - reception was awesome on my G4 during the brief times the talkgroups were active....

I see you pulled the pin and went ahead and bought one..... :)

doctordave

I did some field testing on the Shore this week. The G5 was copying BaltCo800 and BaltCity800 beautifully in northwestern Kent Co. Typically, the City system comes in very poorly over in that specific area (on a 536) - even with a good quality commercial rooftop 800 omni antenna/LMR-400, so copying nicely with the G5 just sitting on the coffee table was a major win. I even copied BaltCo800 (south towers cluster) while driving through downtown Rising Sun and while driving just south of Chesapeake City. Very impressive sensitivity.

jpc

Premium Subscriber
The phase 2 upgrade works great. Can listen to all Prince Georges Co. talkgroups (except encrypted of course). Have listened to all the fire talkgroups including 8C zone sitting in my house in Howard Co. Can receive all the police talkgroup too. Very impressed with my G5 with the P25 Phase 2 upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.