• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Not Passing Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESQ766

I programmed my G5 to do a Trunked TG Scan it specific talkgroups for the state’s P25 trunked system but it won’t pass any audio. It will show when someone is talking on a TG but I have to hold the reset button in order to hear the audio every time even though it is not programmed for press for voice. I also tried changing it to Trunked TG monitor but I still have the same issue. Anybody know how I can fix this issue?

blackbelter

Set pager to " on Duty " , also under main menu scroll down to "function settings. Then scroll to 2. Receive Alert Mode. Select "Tone".

N6ML

I programmed my G5 to do a Trunked TG Scan it specific talkgroups for the state’s P25 trunked system but it won’t pass any audio. It will show when someone is talking on a TG but I have to hold the reset button in order to hear the audio every time even though it is not programmed for press for voice. I also tried changing it to Trunked TG monitor but I still have the same issue. Anybody know how I can fix this issue?

The usual cause of this is setting "Alert Mode" to "Silent" for the knob position. You might have done this because you don't want an alert tone, but it doesn't work that way. If you want no alert tone, you should set "Alert Mode" for the knob position (tab D5 in PPS) to "Tone" and for the talkgroup (tab D4) set either "Alert Mode" or "Alert Tone" to "None" (or both). It's not very intuitive, but that's how it is.

Also check that "Push to Listen" is not selected for the knob position.

RESQ766

Thank you so much guys! Changing the revive alert mode to tone and setting the pager to on duty did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.