Unication G5 On DMR In Minneapolis Saint Paul Metro Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As some here may already know, Unication has a DMR upgrade to the G4/5 units. I haven't upgraded yet, but it is pretty likely I will.

I have a G5 that is VHF and 800 MHz. Most of the DMR I have listened to is on UHF. Can anybody here suggest any DMR systems locally that are on VHF high band or 800 MHz? Once I do the upgrade, I want to give it a test run and see how well it decodes DMR.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
You are correct that most DMR is on uhf some can be located on VHF and every once in a while on 800/900. however there is no DMR upgrade for the G5 or G4. There is a P25 Phase II upgrade that can be done but this is not DMR.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah! Thanks for that info, I did search for any info on it but it wasn't on their site nor scanner master. In the Minneapolis area a few of the places I have fond on DMR in the VHF/800 band. While I know some are trunked you could still scan the voice channels, I am sure there is more out there on conventional that is need to be found.

VHF
Connexus Energy
AAA

Delta Airlines
Alliant Energy
Fargo-Moorhead PS

JASII

Memory Capacity
I performed the Unication DMR update. Like others have already posted, the update was pretty much dead simple.

I am still looking for some additional programming information on DMR frequencies on VHF high band or 800 MHz near me in ZIP 55068.

One pretty close to me is:

153.395 FB225 GOPHER RESOURCE CORPORATIONWPYT673 EAGANIGRECYCLING AUTO BATTERIES/SELLING LEAD. RADIOS USED FOR COMMUNICATIONS AMONG EMPLOYEES IN AND AROUND FACILITY.

They are a licensed as a repeater. I am looking for the Time Slot, Color Code and Talk Group IDs in use.

With the Unication DMR mode, the DMR Color Code is the most critical because I haven't found a "wildcard" for it yet. The TS 1 and TS 2 can each be programmed for a different knob position, so that isn't quite as critical, if it is unknown. The Wildcard Group named DMR All with DMR TGID = 16776415 (Decimal) can be programmed.

Anyway, does anybody here know the Color Code for Gopher Resources 153.395?

Status
Not open for further replies.