• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Pager TGID Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbruce0571

I have a couple of pagers that at random times will flash a green banner at the bottom of the display the say TGID Removed. When this happens, the pager has no audio. These guys have missed calls because they didn't know it went into this mode. The only way I have found to reset it is by taking the battery out. They are all on the same firmware. These pagers are less than a year old that are doing it. Mine is 3 years old and has never done this and has the same firmware. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_8015.jpg
    IMG_8015.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 32

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
In the programming software go to tab D then section 8 and there should be an option for TGID Hold and TGID Remove. Make sure they are both unchecked. This will disable the remove and hold function so the guys won't miss anymore calls.

TG_HLD.PNG

N6ML

Looks like they're accidentally activating the "TGID Remove" function ("Blok" soft-button). You can disable it ("TGID Remove Setting") in their profile in PPS, on tab D8:

Attachments

• blok.PNG
    blok.PNG
    317.2 KB · Views: 30

dbruce0571

I believe you are correct. I was able to duplicate it with mine. How do you get it out of Blok mode

dbruce0571

Thanks. I had just tried that. I think I will remove the Blok soft key from the pager. I really don't have a need for it. I use the hold quite a bit, but never the Blok.

Status
Not open for further replies.