Unication G5 programming for PCWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
If things go well, I hope to be in Tucson for a week in Dec. Does anyone have suggestions on how best to program my G5 to receive PCWIN. With two Simulcast systems for the metro area, it would seem that (without the scan beta) monitoring TPD and TFD in the same knob position would be difficult if not impossible.

DanRollman

Database Admin
If things go well, I hope to be in Tucson for a week in Dec. Does anyone have suggestions on how best to program my G5 to receive PCWIN. With two Simulcast systems for the metro area, it would seem that (without the scan beta) monitoring TPD and TFD in the same knob position would be difficult if not impossible.

Include the talkgroups in both lists. Sometimes TFD is on Simulcast A, but don't count on it. I think maybe it depends on whether a system user is scanning both, and this pulling the other onto the same simulcast. Pick which you are most interested and hope the other is also active on that simulcast. Simulcast A if you want to hear TPD, and "maybe" you will hear TFD. Simulcast B if you want to hear TFD, and "maybe" you will hear TPD.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Pick which you are most interested and hope the other is also active on that simulcast. Simulcast A if you want to hear TPD, and "maybe" you will hear TFD. Simulcast B if you want to hear TFD, and "maybe" you will hear TPD.
Dan, thanks, that is what I kind of figured. I guess my SDS100 will be the one I listen to most then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.