• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfegs

Hi,

I am getting close to purchasing a G5 and have already downloaded the PPS software and went through the software coming up with how I will program the pager. I plan on using this as a pager and scanner for my area in southern NJ. Our county uses a P25 Ph II digital trunked system for communications with the exception of FD paging which still uses our VHF dispatch frequency with 2 tone alerting. I want to monitor 2 different counties in my area but until the new firmware is released to be able to scan two different P25 systems, I have it set up as one system per knob position.

I want to ask the experts out there if this configuration below will work and then once the new scanning firmware is released, I want to program the last knob position 8 to scan the two P25 systems.

I have set up positions 1 and 2 as selective call alert on VHF, position 3 as monitor my VHF freq. Positions 4 and 5 are scanning a few TGIDs within one system separately. then position 6 scans one of the counties P25 system with 2 sites and position 7 scans the other counties P25 system with 1 site. Once the new firmware is rolled out can I set up position 8 to scan both knob positions 6 and 7 or set it up to scan both systems not by knob position.

Thanks for your input in advance.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Currently with the PPS scanning two different systems can't be done on one knob. It looks like the zone above will work . I do not know much about the new regular firmware coming out. I am in the beta test currently. The beta test firmware does not allow for knob scanning that I am aware of off two diffrent systems. It is a another menu feature that you have to set up and click on for system scanning.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
So now I am reading that the next public release of firmware will include the scan more than one system per knob feature. Currently if the systems are conventional I know you can set up a scan list on knob 8 but not sure how that works on trunking systems.

cfegs

So now I am reading that the next public release of firmware will include the scan more than one system per knob feature. Currently if the systems are conventional I know you can set up a scan list on knob 8 but not sure how that works on trunking systems.
Thank you for your responses. What I was thinking of doing with knob 8 from what I read before was not to have it scan knob positions but to have it scan two different systems. On the trunking multi system scan. If that feature will still be released. But if it can be programmed to scan knob positions that would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.