• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Is it just me or was programming the Motorola XTS3000 more intuitive and less complex than the Unication G5? I can do most Motorola CPS, it all seems to make sense, this Unication software is confusing the hell out of me. I have a G5 being shipped to me and want the code plug ready to go ... what the hell am I missing that makes this seem so complex?

I want to add an 800 Phase II system, a Phase I system and VHF conventional.

I wish I could monitor 800 Trunked and VHF in the same 'scan' but am reasonably certain Unication still does not allow this for some odd reason.

Any tips and tricks are welcome. I have a few days to figure it out before the actual pager arrives.

Thanks

amys17

Premium Subscriber
Once you get the hang of it is actually pretty easy. Watch the videos on YouTube from unication usa (Dave). They are the best starting point!

N6ML

I wish I could monitor 800 Trunked and VHF in the same 'scan' but am reasonably certain Unication still does not allow this for some odd reason.

The reason is that scanning between a trunked system and some conventional systems is likely to cause messages to be missed, and Unication has traditionally been focused on ensuring that missing messages is avoided at all costs. The new V1.40 firmware (currently in beta) may change that, but I expect it'll come with a disclaimer about potential for missing messages.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The reason is that scanning between a trunked system and some conventional systems is likely to cause messages to be missed,

I monitor a dispatch that is VHF and one that is 800, so I end up with two pagers. The price was right, so I bit the bullet ... PD going from VHF to Phase II, so we can't listen to our own PD when in the station, was also a huge factor in biting the bullet. With many calls to a less than desirable motel, I really like to hear the PD to know what the call is for other than "an unknown medical" which can mean an OD, untimely, psych, intox, etc etc

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
You are exactly correct and what UNI has told me.We will not for now see scanning between Trunk and conv. Some day maybe.
The reason is that scanning between a trunked system and some conventional systems is likely to cause messages to be missed, and Unication has traditionally been focused on ensuring that missing messages is avoided at all costs. The new V1.40 firmware (currently in beta) may change that, but I expect it'll come with a disclaimer about potential for missing messages.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
yes we can in beta scanning multi trunked systems,that is working in beta.Also tg hold and remove.

I posted awhile back pager scanning multi systems.You will be able to scan upto 8 knob positions they just must be trunked systems.

not best video
.some things may change when beta 2 comes out.
Would this mean that scanning of multiple trunk systems is unlikely as well, or could that still be possible?

Last edited:

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
yes we can in beta scanning multi trunked systems,that is working in beta.Also tg hold and remove.

I posted awhile back pager scanning multi systems.You will be able to scan upto 8 knob positions they just must be trunked systems.

not best video
.some things may change when beta 2 comes out.

Thank you! Sure hope the beta process concludes soon and we get the release. I think the ability to hold and remove TG's is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.