• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5 red and orange lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
My brand new recently purchased G5 after being powered down for several hours I noticed the red and 2 orange lights on top are lit up..It goes away after powering it on but after several hours off it returns..My dealer and Unication say there is glitch in the 1.3 firmware that is causing this and it will be fixed in the next FW update..Has anyone experienced this with there G4 or G5 with the 1.3 FW?
Thanks

Attachments

• E2F5463E-E89F-406B-B103-FF1EE3B65EAF.jpeg
    E2F5463E-E89F-406B-B103-FF1EE3B65EAF.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 39

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yea I have the same thing consistently. I seem to remember another time this was a thing...back maybe 2 or 3 firmwares ago.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I have seen this once since upgrading to 1.3. Prior to that, the only time I encountered that combo was when the battery was accidentally run all the way down.

blackbelter

To follow up with my previous post, I have had the same issue last year. Unication determined it was a hardware issue and my 6 months old pager was replaced. I have not had the issue since the replacement and updating to 1.3 however.

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
To follow up with my previous post, I have had the same issue last year. Unication determined it was a hardware issue and my 6 months old pager was replaced. I have not had the issue since the replacement and updating to 1.3 however.

That is very interesting..My dealer and Unication say its the firmware.Based on your experience I’m starting to believe it’s defective.Also if everyone on FW1.3 had this issue the forum would be blown up with complaints..

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
I emailed David Oney from Unication and his response was

That issue has been identified and it is not The same issue that was occurring before. This issue will be fixed in the next release Which will be coming Soon.

Considering Unications track record on firmware fixes I am not real optimistic that it will happen anytime soon. I hope I am wrong.David does frequent this forum and it would be nice to get a eta on this fix.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Interesting, I have 1 G5 and 5 G4 at work and while most stay on all the time 1 G5 and a couple of the G4 will get shut off over the weekend. I have never seen them do this. I am on V1.30-08072020

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
My brand new recently purchased G5 after being powered down for several hours I noticed the red and 2 orange lights on top are lit up..It goes away after powering it on but after several hours off it returns..My dealer and Unication say there is glitch in the 1.3 firmware that is causing this and it will be fixed in the next FW update..Has anyone experienced this with there G4 or G5 with the 1.3 FW?
Thanks

Yes. I recently purchased a new G5 and it is doing the same thing.

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika, AL
WREX563

tkowalik

Banned
Mine only does this when the battery runs down. If you’re scanning and the speaker doesn’t release (known problem) and power it down, it will stay stuck (the speaker stays on with the hiss) and the battery runs down leading to the lights coming on. That’d be my guess what’s happening. If the lights are on and the battery is charged, that’s something I’ve never seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.