Unication G5 & RISCON

sefrischling

Premium Subscriber
Anyone using a Unication G5 monitoring RISCON?

I normally use my G5 to monitor CSP Troop E, as my Fire Dept is VHF, but the Conn State Police dispatch our cops ... but anyway ... I loaded RISCON South into my G5, for Westerly and no matter what where I am in Stonington/Pawcatuck/Ashaway/Westerly my pager says it can't find a channel to lock onto and monitor the RISCON syste. I have the control channel and all the alternates loaded in there, but I get nothing.

I can monitor RISCON no problem with a Uniden 396xt, 996XT, 996P2 ... anyone else having an issue with RISCON and the G5 down this way?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland.
Database Admin
Doesn't the Unication use Site IDs? If so make sure the South Zone is set to 15 and not 2. IT changed in August.

floridafuzz

Premium Subscriber
Anyone using a Unication G5 monitoring RISCON?

I normally use my G5 to monitor CSP Troop E, as my Fire Dept is VHF, but the Conn State Police dispatch our cops ... but anyway ... I loaded RISCON South into my G5, for Westerly and no matter what where I am in Stonington/Pawcatuck/Ashaway/Westerly my pager says it can't find a channel to lock onto and monitor the RISCON syste. I have the control channel and all the alternates loaded in there, but I get nothing.

I can monitor RISCON no problem with a Uniden 396xt, 996XT, 996P2 ... anyone else having an issue with RISCON and the G5 down this way?
Here is some information from my G5:
also: RFSS/Site: 1/15

Attachments

sefrischling

Premium Subscriber
I just opened my G5 code plug and F is what I have in there. Those four frequencies. Still says out of range, even while at the Amtrak station in Westerly. I get CSP Troop E, no problem from the same location, and can pick up Waterford's system from the same location.

How odd.