• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomankc

So, have a G5 bit here in Kansas City, we have the same system for the Johnson County and verifiable county in KCMO. It essentially a one system. But If I program MARRS. I have to use a bank for the Kansas side in a channel bank on the know and one for Kansas City side. Why can’t I can use the one know? I wish’s I had all of the control channels on the one know position. Can anyone look at MARRS and help me? Thank you!

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am confused what you wish to do. Are the two jurisdictions sharing the same trunk system?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying you’d like to monitor both on the same zone / dial position?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I guess this is the system you are referring to: Metropolitan Area Regional Radio System (MARRS) Trunking System, Kansas City Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies . If I am understanding you correctly, you should be able to include all of the sites in the same system. Just create the different sites under the same trunked system. And add all of the control channels into the system. There is a limit on the number of control channels you can add (I can't remember the limit), but the way it looks, you should be ok. It has been a while since I've looked at the Unication PPS, so I am trying to remember exactly how it's laid out, though.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I kinda get what he's asking, on the MARRS system it has several sites, the problem will be you won't be able to scan all the sites at once, most of the talk groups are affiliated to a particular site, KCMO Police and Fire generally stay on the KCMO site, as KCKS PD and FD stay on the Wyandotte site, so when programming you have to figure out which talk groups affiliate to which site, if you program in ALL sites into one group the G5 will only lock onto the strongest control channel, so you might miss the traffic on a talk group,

in the below examples the first system (#2) is all the sites combined, 2 and 3 how I separated them,

usually, I run DSD+ or Unitrunker to figure out which Talk Group affiliates to which site

I don't have the new 1.4 firmware but supposedly multi-site scanning will be available, id be happy with having the ability to change sites like system radios have

2020-10-12_2-09-53.png
2020-10-12_2-12-49.png

Last edited:

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
So, have a G5 bit here in Kansas City, we have the same system for the Johnson County and verifiable county in KCMO. It essentially a one system. But If I program MARRS. I have to use a bank for the Kansas side in a channel bank on the know and one for Kansas City side. Why can’t I can use the one know? I wish’s I had all of the control channels on the one know position. Can anyone look at MARRS and help me? Thank you!

radiomankc: Check your inbox. I sent you a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.