• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UNICATION M2 , BASE / MOBILE SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BITT211

GO TO UNICATION SITE > PRODUCTS > MOBILE > FIND UNICATION M2 . UNKNOW IF YOU CAN PURCHASE IN USA YET, SHOWS LOT OF SPEC'S , BUILD 2019
LOOKS $$$$

Attachments

• IMG_E1949[1].JPG
    IMG_E1949[1].JPG
    56 KB · Views: 145

sfd119

This has been talked about several times on the forums. It can do RX Only. I believe someone said around $1000 for it. I have inquired several times for an actual price and if its even ship-able in the USA. I would like one to replace my BCD536 monitoring a trunked radio system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Why would you pay big extra $$$ for a transmitter you will never use? That would get you in legal trouble if you did?

sfd119

1: I prefer commercial grade equipment to monitor things and not scanner junk.
2: There is no legal ramifications for using an RX mode on a radio. Bendix King and others offer and RX mode even though they are transceivers.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Why would you pay big extra $$$ for a transmitter you will never use? That would get you in legal trouble if you did?
I have had a UHF transceiver in the car for years. Yes, I do have several repeaters that I'm authorized to use, but it is used primarily to scan. The range, filtering and quality is far superior to a scanner. I have had VHF radios in the car as well, but just don't have the room right now.

People on this board don't seem or want to recognize the fact that for some, such as reporters, news photographers, insurance adjusters and many others, the ability to monitor public safety is mission critical and sometimes a commercial radio with TX inhibit enabled provides a more reliable option.

I have posted about the scanner in my work vehicle (formerly in my ambulance) being mission critical to monitor other agencies and multiple people have lambasted me saying that a consumer grade scanner should never be a mission critical item. Now, you're here saying just the opposite to a person who is applying that advice. No matter what you do on RR, someone will always say it's wrong.

bberns22

I guess it depends on what you consider mission critical. Public service - Police - Fire - Ambulance are certainly mission critical as lives are often at stake. If you require monitor capability when on/off duty then your agency should be providing the necessary equipment.

For the remainder, needing it for work, having commercial equipment is nice to have but the circumstances in which a good consumer grade receiver will not suffice is going to be fairly rare. I think that is especially true for analog VHF/UHF comm's.

For consumers there is nothing wrong with wanting consumer grade equipment to monitor but it is a want not a need. There are good reasons the FCC regulates the sale of commercial radios with TX capability of non-civilization frequencies. All you have to do is look at what happened to the Chicago police radio system a few months back.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
All of our ambulances have 325P2s, they are used to listen to police (Boston, State, MBTA, the local colleges and surrounding communities,) Boston Fire and surrounding community fire if the user so desires. The bottom line is that it works. It has saved me from driving into an active shooting scene (the dispatcher relayed the message well after I would have been on scene had I not heard the transmission) and I'm sure it has helped other crews. We have XTLs in the trucks and everyone is issued either an XTS2500, APX4000, 7000 or 8000, they have limited interoperability and do scan, but the command staff put the scanners in specifically to avoid the radios being used to scan, as they want the department radio dedicated to the department.

This is not on an overpriced trunked system. Everyone, with the exception of the State Police (who also give their troopers scanners) is on UHF with individual agency maintained radios. People seem to think everyone is using a system where every channel is available to every user across jurisdictions. It is not always the case.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Not Type accepted for USA use.. Even the G4 - G5 are type accepted..

Status
Not open for further replies.