• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication M2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

Anyone have one of these yet?? I think this would be a perfect solution to monitor a trunked system.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm with a tweak/there (i.e., the addition of 700/800 MHz and in an RX only version) this could be a viable piece in competition with the SDS200, provided, of course, the price point would be somewhat reasonable.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm with a tweak/there (i.e., the addition of 700/800 MHz and in an RX only version) this could be a viable piece in competition with the SDS200, provided, of course, the price point would be somewhat reasonable.
You realize that the frequency ranges listed are for different models, not all inclusive in one chassis? They can put two RX boards in a G series pager, so they should easily be able to make something that can receive all of the bands. The only problem (for us) is that their business model seems to be giving them all of the customers they can handle. If they entered the scanner market, I feel they would have a higher price point, but their product would blow everything else out of the water.

Reactions: wdz

james_garner

Premium Subscriber
Reply from Uni-Taiwan:

Good day.

Thank you for your inquiry and pleased to meet you. My name is Steve Chen, and I am a member of the Unication HQ Sales Department. You can direct any questions to me in the future, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

We’re so happy you are interested in M2. Regarding the quote, because the M2’s price is based on the features/functions the user selected, please tell us what kinds of features/functions you need in your radios in the table below so that we can give you the best package price.

Also, if you can tell me: 1. The number of your potential customers. 2. What are your targeted customers (e.g. public safety, tow truck driver)? 3. Customer’s usage scenario. I can get a better price.
M2 Brochure Link:
http://www.uni.com.tw/filesys/files/U3/M1 Mobile/M2-Brochure-20171005.pdf

SPEC/ (Function) & Protocol
HardwareE1.BT (Bluetooth)
E2.Man Down Alert Function
E3.GPS
SoftwareE4.Encryption (AES 256)
E5.R & R Function (Radio & Repeater)
E6.OTA (On The Air)
ProtocolP1.Analog (2 Tone、5/6 Tone、MDC1200、CDCSS、CTCSS、DVOA)
P2.DMR Conventional
P3.P25 Conventional
P4.DMR Trunking
P5.P25 Trunking (Include P25 Conventional)

Regarding the way of shipment, we can ship the M2 to USA.

Again, thank you for your contact. Just feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Chen
Sales Dept.
Unication Co., Ltd.
5F., No. 6, Wu-Kung 5Rd., Xinzhuang Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan R.O.C.
Email : steve_chen@uni.com.tw
+886 2 2299 9678 ext. 8124

Status
Not open for further replies.