• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication New PPS UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Hello,

For a long time, Unication has been receiving feedback about the PPS using. Some beginners of the PPS programming consider that there does have some challenges in programming. Even for the experts, sometimes they make the incorrect setting or don't know the best setting options for their PPS profile.

Therefore, the Unication engineer team is trying to design a new version PPS with more easy operation and more clear description of guiding the users to complete their PPS profile setting.

The PPS will have two modes, one is the Simple Mode that is suitable for the beginners and once they complete the configuration in the Simple Mode, they can make the pager become functional. If the users want to do more specific settings, they may enter the Expert Mode to personalize their pagers.

We also provide P25 Conventional and P25 Trunking programming options. The users can hide the P25 Trunking options when they just need to set the P25 Conventional parameters. It will be more tidy and clear when setting the parameters in the PPS.

Below is our initial design concept, and it is very welcome to hear your comments and suggestions. Leave your comments below to tell us your ideas about what parameters should be counted to Simple Mode and Expert Mode.

Thank you!

Steve

G-Series PPS Software.jpg

CFP387

Even though we are only able to see one part of the new PPS, it does appear that the programming is being made more simple for the beginners to use both the software and to understand how their new pager functions.

Without seeing more than just this one function, I would say I still prefer the original version of the PPS that we are currently using.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve. I really like where you are going with this. Most of us have gotten used to the current PPS, but there's nothing wrong with making things better for future users, or users who aren't comfortable with the current software. Thanks for all your efforts in making our radio hobby better! With the G4//5 scanner firmware, it's like having a whole new radio. I've been enjoying using my G4 more than I ever have. Please keep up the great work.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Very exciting - looks great - will try to come up with some ideas.

As you develop the Beginner Interface remember lots of people will be coming over from scanners - used to how scanners scan and can hold on a conversation and continue to scan. I am currently beta testing the HOLD and hope that is timely with the release of this software.

In the Beginner Interface removing from PPS things like:
- Full Spectrum Scan
- Relay Control
- Voice Storage (change settings)

Beginners always get mixed up in the Push to Listen..

skepticalan

So there are at least two firmware updates in alpha/beta stage, each of which would require PPS changes. Now further PPS specific updates. From an outsiders perspective that seems like a lot of forks/merges. Perhaps if it ain't fixed don't break it?

tkowalik

Banned
Send over what you have so far and I can help ya out...

In all seriousness though, I love what I’m seeing from Unication!

Zippy734

I record local FD overnight and would like to play back in correct order not in reverse. I understand why it is in reverse but an option in PPS to select playback order would be great

AlexC

Database Admin
CSV import and export of Freqs, TGs, and RIDs. Please.

I would be fine with CSV, JSON, or XML for import/export as options but I think most people in this world would be happy with CSV.

Another option would allow for copy/paste from an excel spreadsheet...

The winner would be import/export from RR via their API.

The top two would be a big win in my mind, but, I think the hive mind here would rather have the RR import via API.

Now if you can only fix the super sluggish UI on the device itself I'll be even happier.

Alex

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Steve - Thanks for the continuing development on your product. Unication has some great pagers/scanners!! As was mentioned sorting and better organizing of the talkgroups would be great. Being able to not only name them but maybe having a field to associate what system it belongs too. In our area on a Harris system there could be a R1 TAC 9 and the same name on the Moto system. Also it maybe a hard lift but if you can set a channel position with a wildcard but then enter in a few talkgroup IDs to eliminate those. I for one have a few sites that I want to hear everything (more than 64 talkgroups) but there are 6 talkgroups I would like to not receive. Thanks again Unication !!

minasha

Can we get the new PPS being used in the Trunking freescan beta. It would be nice to have a download for it so I can setup my G4 with all my programming choices and be ready for the final program when it's ready.

Cheeseburgers

I like the subtle graphical adjustments too.. but I must say I really have taken to the PPS, it is an adjustment at first coming from consumer scanner programming software but it is fairly intuitive. All I needed to get up and running was watch that hour long video on YT. Guy went through pretty much everything.

AdamHLG

Well since you are kind enough to ask...... Maybe lay the foundation for alpha tagging TGIDs ? :p

In any event, thank you for participating on a public forum like this and soliciting input from your fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.