• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Trunking Free Scan Beta Firmware

Are you interested in trying the Beta Firmware

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Poll for Beta Scanning Firmware.
I am posting this Poll on my own I dont represent Uni.
Just my idea to HELP show Unication many people would like to try this firmware.
I will get results to the right people at Unication when poll closes in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
That's funny. Several of us, including me, have been using Beta firmware for over a year now, maybe even two at this point, with ZERO feedback suggestions being implemented. Maybe Unication will see this instead.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure the feedback isn't being implemented, with the teasing of the scanner on the Taiwan site, they may be moving away from modifications to the pager firmware in favor of incorporating the feedback into the scanner firmware.

As many have pointed out, the pager is not a scanner, although to the people that have taken the time to learn the idiosyncrasies and programming tricks it works extremely well as a scanner. If a decision has been made to develop a scanner, why would they continue to try and make the pager more like a scanner?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
oh they will see this poll.if they do anything with it who knows.
Thought i try since we dont have scanner, lets give more people the scanning firmware to try.

That's funny. Several of us, including me, have been using Beta firmware for over a year now, maybe even two at this point, with ZERO feedback suggestions being implemented. Maybe Unication will see this instead.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
the decision on scanner has been delayed they told me that.
How long they dont know or wont say.
My thought right or wrong give owners that might want some scanning the firmware to try.

QUOTE="Citywide173, post: 3607525, member: 48841"]
I'm not sure the feedback isn't being implemented, with the teasing of the scanner on the Taiwan site, they may be moving away from modifications to the pager firmware in favor of incorporating the feedback into the scanner firmware.

As many have pointed out, the pager is not a scanner, although to the people that have taken the time to learn the idiosyncrasies and programming tricks it works extremely well as a scanner. If a decision has been made to develop a scanner, why would they continue to try and make the pager more like a scanner?
[/QUOTE]

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Who is "they?" US or Taiwan? There are a lot of products that Taiwan offers that US doesn't and I don't think that is an oversight. The US operation has a market that is very lucrative and by the US operation's own statements, less than 1% of their sales are to individual users who utilize the product as a scanner. There isn't a lot of incentive there to cater to such a small part of your customer base when the home office could be coming out with a product that could make the R&D investment into the firmware modifications a net loss while taking resources away from the other 99%.

the decision on scanner has been delayed they told me that.
How long they dont know or wont say.
My thought right or wrong give owners that might want some scanning the firmware to try.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I am talking about Taiwan. UNI USA has nothing to do with beta firmware or a scanner.

Taiwan sees the scanner market and I still think they will make one.
Just something happend?for now.
Covid
Relations with China
I am not sure maybe some of the above and maybe other reasons.

Who is "they?" US or Taiwan? There are a lot of products that Taiwan offers that US doesn't and I don't think that is an oversight. The US operation has a market that is very lucrative and by the US operation's own statements, less than 1% of their sales are to individual users who utilize the product as a scanner. There isn't a lot of incentive there to cater to such a small part of your customer base when the home office could be coming out with a product that could make the R&D investment into the firmware modifications a net loss while taking resources away from the other 99%.

blackbelter

I truly enjoy my Unication receiver , more so than any other consumer grade scanner I have or currently own. The notion of not introducing a new firm ware to enhance the current models in favor of a new model radio makes no sense . I compare this scenario to the IOS devices as the current IOS 15.1 still supports older iPhones . There has to be better reasons as to why we have not seen the Unication 1.5 FW.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I truly enjoy my Unication receiver , more so than any other consumer grade scanner I have or currently own. The notion of not introducing a new firm ware to enhance the current models in favor of a new model radio makes no sense . I compare this scenario to the IOS devices as the current IOS 15.1 still supports older iPhones . There has to be better reasons as to why we have not seen the Unication 1.5 FW.
The pager is a professional, public safety grade product. A scanner is a consumer product. Differentiation between markets by offering different products with different capabilities to address different needs is not unusual.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all that voted we can end the poll we have an answer.

Jeff
Team are busy now, but never forgot the Scanner, we definitely will provide quality product to support customers…

Jordan

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I have a G5 with the 1.40 FW that I would be willing to part ways with, if anyone is interested.... DM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.