Unication Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfb88

I live in Baltimore City and listen mostly to Baltimore City and County Police and Fire and VHF air and marine. I currently use Uniden SDS 200, BCD536 and BCT 15X scanners. Based on reading threads I am curious about trying a Unication pager. However, I have no idea where to find a vendoe for the pager and associated programming software. If anyone can suggest some vendors I would appreciate it. Thank you.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I purchased mine from Ray's as well. No issues. I believe the owner is a firefighter (or maybe former / retired firefighter) if that makes any difference to you.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I live in Baltimore City and listen mostly to Baltimore City and County Police and Fire and VHF air and marine. I currently use Uniden SDS 200, BCD536 and BCT 15X scanners. Based on reading threads I am curious about trying a Unication pager. However, I have no idea where to find a vendoe for the pager and associated programming software. If anyone can suggest some vendors I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Also note that the VHF side of a Unication pager is limited 136 - 174 VHF-FM, so no VHF-AM air band.

shadow925

I can also vouch for Ray's. And BTW, the Unication radios are terrific. Compact form factory, good battery life and great reception, even with the tiny antenna. If you're checking the Unication forums you'll see they're adding some features to make them more friendly for hobbyists.

sfb88

I want to thank everyone for responding. Now I have much to research and think about. I admit that looking at the programming instructions is intimidating for a somewhat casual hobbyist.

Bizzle

I just purchased a G4 from Ray's Pager Sales. Ordered it last Thursday, received it yesterday. Great guy all around to work with and ask questions of. If you use the code "take5" when ordering...you save 5%. No sales tax and no shipping charge..

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I want to thank everyone for responding. Now I have much to research and think about. I admit that looking at the programming instructions is intimidating for a somewhat casual hobbyist.
It is an arcane programming interface, but I've seen worse. You get used to it.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a file for Baltimore City and County and I'm happy to share it with you. All you have to do is import the file into the Unication PPS software and program the pager. You'll be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.