• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication VHF Two Tone Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejonmonster

Hello all! My rescue squad recently purchased ten unication g5 pagers and I am attempting to program them with only partial success. The P25 talkgroups work perfectly, however the selective call function will not activate the pager for our VHF two tone pages every time. Some of the pagers activate sometimes, others don't activate at all. I can tell that they are receiving the signal because the bars at the top light up, and when I hold the reset button I can hear the transmission clear as day, but the pager will not activate. For reference, I have programmed in the following tone sets for the frequency 156.000: Set 1 (953.7 / 1642) Set 2 (953.7 / 1395) Set 3 (953.7 / 1930.2)

Please help, this issue is driving me crazy because in the PPS everything appears to be correct, but I am still having this issue. Thank you in advance!

amys17

Premium Subscriber
This issue is likely more than just a simple click of a button. What is your tone thinking sets? What do you have programmed for your 2 tone protocol timing? I would start looking at that if you know for sure the tone mhz are correct.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The first think I look at is protocol settings. Fast Plectron is a good starting point as that only requires the tones to go off for .75sec x .25sec vs a 1sec x 1 sec timing for Motorola (or is it 1 x 3?)

If you don't have any success with changing the protocol to Fast Plectron, as Amy said above, check the tones. They should be reasonably close to what you have on paper as your department's tones. They don't need to be exact, but need to be within a few hz of your tone frequency. (1082hz will still alert if your "official" tones are 1080hz).

Finally, make sure your Zone/Key configuration is correct and that you've defined that slot as requiring tones and all tones are defined at the bottom of the Z/K page.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
I do not think some of your tone sets are valid. It is my understanding that for QCII tones, they must both come from the same Reed Group as indicated on the charts on the attachment.

Attachments

• Master Tone Signalling Reference Charts (Midian).pdf
    83 KB · Views: 29

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I had the same issue when I started to update firmware. Some would work and some would not.

Make sure everything is running same firmware. Newer firmware is very picky about tone timing. Old firmware didn't care.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I do not think some of your tone sets are valid. It is my understanding that for QCII tones, they must both come from the same Reed Group as indicated on the charts on the attachment.

That's how it was traditionally done, but today you can mix and match. I have some tone sets that use a mix of motorola / plectron even.

Status
Not open for further replies.