Unication

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Just in case anybody here uses the Unication, they released an update earlier this week which allows Talk Group Hold and Lockout (they refer to it as Blok).

I intentionally drug my feet a couple of days before doing the update this afternoon. It works well for me.

Right now I am listening in the Wildcard mode for all Talk Groups that come up on the Dakota County simulcast site. Then, I am "Blok"ing (locking out) the ones I don't want to hear.

AAFC

How are you liking the Unication's performance on the Armer system? I have been considering buying one for myself but I don't know anyone personally who has one running on Armer, and the local dealer for Unication tried talking me out of buying one in favor of the Uniden SDS 100. (no thanks) Come to find out later, they are no longer a dealer for Unication and are now pushing Uniden inventory. Has nothing to do with how well either brand works, it's whatever brand they make the most money on with the least amount of hassle. And that's fine for a company..... but it doesn't do me any good. lol.

1. How are you liking the Unication on Minnesota Armer?
2. Did you program it yourself? And if so, was it fairly straight forward? Similar to programming Armer on other scanner radios?

Thanks in advance.

JASII

Memory Capacity
The Unication G5 works very well on ARMER.

I have programmed it myself.

It is similar, but there are some differences. You need to program in control channels and talkgroups.

AAFC

The Unication G5 works very well on ARMER.

I have programmed it myself.

It is similar, but there are some differences. You need to program in control channels and talkgroups.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still on the fence about buying one for myself. I would love to have one but if the agencies that I listen to are planning to go encrypted sometime in the near future, then I would hate to have a $700 piece of equipment that does me absolutely no good. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a solid answer about when encryption will happen in my area.

Again, thanks for the reply and sorry I didn't reply back to you sooner.

CcSkyEye

I did the upgrade simply for the "hold" function, still trying to figure out some bugs in paging that changed in the update.

My plan is to give one more shot, otherwise I'm going back to version 1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.