UNID Ski Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
At the spot where I sometimes go to DX in Philmont, NY (with a great overlooking view of the Catskills, etc), was picking up Ski Area comms on 155.28 PL 107.2

Mentions of Seneca and Tuscaroga(?) "Summit to ..."

Google searches and searches here each which way lead me with no results.

Anyone here know who this is? (May even be northeast PA...)

Spec

Do a google search for Jiminy Peak,or Catamount which would be most likely the closest to you in Mass. The next ones I would check are Hunter and Windham ski areas to the west in NY. These may be trail names. 155.280 is a fairly commonly used ski patrol freq. in the winter months. Most of these areas have trail maps on their websites that give the names of the trails etc.
Update: see the above post by k2hz

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you its NOT Hunter or windham......Hunter uses unlicensed basket of freqs....all Of windhams trails begin with a "W" The National Ski Patrol is licensed on many freqs on many mountains some mountains not even open now....might be a place to look as well. theres a guy on here from belleayre getting licensed on a VHF repeater forgot what thread he was posting in. And Bellayre is state owned and is licensed on 155.055 and 155.820 ski patrol licensed on 155.160,220,340 Ulster uses 155.220 as county dispatch from the same mountain site so .280 might have been a good switch

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Sorry for the confusion. It is 155.82. I incorrectly typed the number in this thread (and on my spreadsheet. Thank god I kept the actual paperwork "from the field")

This site is a very good spot for DXing to the west. It's not uncommon to hear PA here, along with stuff to the north. Belleayre makes the most sense.

Catamount uses 151.850 (PL 151.4) for their operations. Jiminy Peak is pretty terrain shielded from this spot. (As is pretty much most of Berkshire County).

Sorry for the initial confusion.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
No doubt you can here Hunter On 154.570 but that will change this summer i am told....so i am told there doing some overhaul of there radio channels etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.