Uniden 245xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4ksm

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Tech question: I have several of the UNIDEN 245XLT's & they're working great!
Question is: I want to send one of these scanners to a relative in Mason,Ohio....if I load the base frequencies, will it work when it is powered up 1,000 miles away from Florida?
I realize it's impossible to program the Ohio talk-groups while sitting here in Fla. listening to a completely different control channel....but just want to ensure the scanner doesn't have to be "completely" reprogrammed when it arrives at my "not so techie" cousin's house"!! lol
Thanks
KE4KSM
Cocoa,Florida

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm no tech, but, I believe that there is a trick you can use, especially for EDACs where you can program in the control channel on a system you can use along with the frequencies that will be in use in Ohio. Do all your programming with the 245 in trunk mode including the talkgroup set-up, etc. Then delete the bogus frequency. Worked for me and I've seen it published here a few times.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That might work, if you have an EDACS system that is the same type in Ohio that it is in Florida. It works quite well on Moto systems - I use it all the time when I travel.

If you are trying to program the Florida SLERS system, forget it - no scanner can copy ProVoice, and ESK systems won't work with the 245. 73 Mike

N8IAA

Luckily, Warren county, is a Motorola system. So, if you can find a MOT system CC, you should be able to program the radio with the TGID's. Forgot about that hinky programming tip. Used to have to do that when I wanted to program a system in that was to weak to receive one county away. That was the Lake County system in NE Ohio, then they went digital. After you get all the TG's programmed, then put in the correct frequencies for the system It should work.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.