Uniden 246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpotter

I am having a terrible time programming a motorola type 2 smartzone system into my scanner.

I have read different manuals and tutorials and I just cant figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am looking to monitor the brewster massachusetts fire & police departments.

They share this system with the MA state police and operate under the barnstable county fire & police talk groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

Massachusetts State Police Trunking System, Statewide, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks
Chris

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Chris, you haven't said what your problem actually is. Do you understand how DMA works? Are you not receiving the system well? Are you using software to program it, and if so which one? Did you get a USB cable, and if so which one?

Lots of questions here - more specifics please 73 Mike

cpotter

I am not familiar at all with programming a trunked system. Everything I have read has confused me even more so far.

So here goes........I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1. I'm not receiving anything yet. I haven't gotten that far unfortunately.

2. I don't know what your referring to when you say "DMA" I understand the theory of how a trunk system works, but that's about it.

3. I am not using any software to program. Everything I have done so far has been manually entered.
It did come with a cable. I think it is a serial cable.

4. When it comes to entering the type of system, frequencies and talk groups into the scanner that's where things fall apart for me. The steps in the manual jump around a lot and are not very clear to me.

I have attempted to select what I think is the motorola smartzone 2 system. Even that isn't easily identified within the scanners menu choices. After that I expected to enter frequencies and the talk groups etc. The things it asks for don't add up/make sense to me.

It sounds like software based programming maybe the way to go?

Thanks for attempting to help me. I know I probably don't know much, LOL.

BTW, this website is great, It has way more info than I ever thought it had!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.