uniden 296d remote mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Confused, I brought out my old 296d. Remote mode, says it has to be activated. Got the manual out, as a pdf file, searching on remote mode, all its says is sometjing aboiut go to 3 them 5 in the manual. Have original able, and a usb cable, can not get the computer to hand shake with the scanner. what am I missing? Using ARC250 software, it has an auto detect function, radio is not being recognized thru either cable.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since it sounds like you might not have understood the menu setup in the manual, here's a page with much more explicit instructions

Radio Setup

Also keep in mind that if you are using Win8 or Win10 as your OS, the old USB drivers will no longer work. You will need either new drivers (if the cable is new enough to have drivers to recognize the new OS) or an entirely new cable. You can sometimes get a rolled back version of the drivers that Win8 or better will recognize. This is all discussed, along with MANY related links (it's a not-inconsiderable problem that Micro-stupid has caused...) here...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.