Uniden 346XT using Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't uploaded anything since last summer. I want to listen to 1 channel from the NYC DOITT Trunked System. Is there a way to do it manually instead of through the computer? I want to listen to this only,thanks.

9616 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION-MEDALLION CAB ENFORCEMENT
9632 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -
9648 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -FOR HIRE CARS ENFORCEMENT
9664 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -
9680 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION-ENFORCEMENT COMMON
9696 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -
9712 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION-SUPERVISORS
9728 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -
9744 TAXI & LIMOUSINE COMMISSION -INSPECTOR GENERAL

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If those are talkgroups, then just create a single group for them in the approrpriate system and site, and don't forget to assign and active a quick key. No sweat 73 Mike

If those are talkgroups, then just create a single group for them in the approrpriate system and site, and don't forget to assign and active a quick key. No sweat 73 Mike

I don't think it works by just putting in the talkgroup id's. I think I have to put in the primary control channels first. Site (NYC DOITT) System type,Mot type II trunked, then edit ?

sjlamb

I don't think it works by just putting in the talkgroup id's. I think I have to put in the primary control channels first. Site (NYC DOITT) System type,Mot type II trunked, then edit ?

If you ALREADY have the Radio System that "NYC-DOITT" operates on programmed into your radio, then all you need to do is add a Group (alpha tag it as "NYC-DOITT") under that system and program in ONLY the (9) Talkgroup ID 3s that you have listed.

If you DON'T already have the Radio System that "NYC-DOITT" operates on programmed into your radio, you will need to create and program that system into your scanner:

(1) Press [MENU], select [New System], select "MOT" for type of system and alpha tag it as "NYC DOITT".

(2) Press [MENU] and select "Program System". Select the System that you just created in #1 above. Select [EDIT SITE]. Select [NEW SITE]. Select [Set Frequencies]. Select [New Frequency]. Enter Control Channel frequency and press [Enter]. Repeat steps for entering a New Frequency for every Control Channel and Alternate Control Channel for that Site. Repeat this same process if you want to add additional tower sites and their associated frequencies.

(3) Press [MENU] and select "Program System". Select the System that you just created in #1 above. Select [EDIT GROUP]. Select [NEW GROUP]. Select [EDIT CHANNEL]. Select [New CHANNEL]. Enter your first Talkgroup ID (9616) and press [Enter]. Repeat steps for entering a New CHANNEL for each Talkgroup that you want to hear.

Once you have the new system set-up and receiving properly, you can go back and edit to include alpha tags (name labels) for the Site(s) and /or Talkgroup IDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.