Uniden 3500 xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

markyboy

Good morning...Im new to scanning and this forum so please be gentle with me.I`ve just bought myself a Uniden 3500xlt...with the main purpose of using the close calling function.Can close call pick up satellite xmradio if you are close by to the broadcast?I`ve also only got the standard rubber duck antenna...how close to the broadcast do you have to be to pick it up?

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi markyboy, welcome to RadioReference :)

Are you from London UK ?

I think your scanner does not receive that range (2310–2360 MHz) :(

markyboy

Thanks for getting back to me....yes im near to London.Does any scanner pick up that range?

markyboy

Ok,thanks can anyone recommend a god shop in Florida where there is a good range of scanning radio`s.

markyboy

Will my scanner uniden 3500xlt pick up walkie talkies at sports events?eg nascar golf nfl?I`m hoping close calling should pick it up?Is there any place i can go for training on scanning...i`m finding it quite complicated.

markyboy

Thanks Larry im going to be in Orlando..ive notice radio shack have many outlets are they any good.

markyboy

Hi Larry ...i`ve got a few questions i wonder if you could help me.I want to go and watch some live pga tour golf.,while i am in florida..Can i get a scanner that will listen into the on course commentators or the tv commentators that are broadcasting from the event..Will i be able stuff before it goes out live...manythanks for any help.

N8IAA

Hi Larry ...i`ve got a few questions i wonder if you could help me.I want to go and watch some live pga tour golf.,while i am in florida..Can i get a scanner that will listen into the on course commentators or the tv commentators that are broadcasting from the event..Will i be able stuff before it goes out live...manythanks for any help.

The TV crews may be using their links to the station in the 450Mhz band. Generally, you have to be pretty close to here those, unless they are using a repeater. Most scanners have that frequency range in them. If they are using other types of links, I don't know. If you are going to be close to the action, get a scanner with Close Call, or, Signal Stalker. They give you different portions of the frequencies to scan. Maybe someone from FLA will chime in and add to this. Maybe posting in the Florida Forum will get you some answers too:)
Larry

markyboy

Thanks Guys i have close calling on my uniden so should pick it up...What is the best antenna to pick up close calling i currently have a rubber duck?

N8IAA

Thanks Guys i have close calling on my uniden so should pick it up...What is the best antenna to pick up close calling i currently have a rubber duck?

If it's the same one that came with the radio, you're good. If you want band specific, you'll have to get those antennas.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.