Uniden 370CRS - Anybody have one

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
I am thinking about picking up a used one. It's in "like new" condition and comes with everything originally included. I'm just wondering how many people here have one or have used one. The price I've been seeing for them new seems pretty high. Any reviews?

Thanks

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
fineshot1 said:
Thanks for telling me about Google - those are the exact prices I had seen. But, I found it odd that used unit I saw on google had a price of $50 with no bids.

I was mainly looking for reviews from people here on RR as to whether they liked it or not. A new price of $130+ and a used price of <$50 worried me, that's all.

Steve

I have both the 340CRS and the 370CRS. Both receive the FM broadcast band pretty good (considering they are scanners), AM broadcast some what (better the antenna better the reception) and do a good job on the scanner bands. I use my 340 as an alarm clock and the 370 as a general scanner and weather alert radio. Considering that both radios are on the basic end of scanners, I lilke mine and use them everday. I will be replacing my old Cobra SR900 (railroad scanning) with a 340 since the 900 finally died.

Just my 2 cents worth

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

NYRHKY94

I purchased the BC370CRS new when it first came out (paid $129 w/free shipping at that time). I was in the market for a new am/fm alarm clock for the bed stand and I convinced my wife to let me get the Uniden instead. She gives me a hard time about the number of scanners I have, so it helped that this unit could do double duty. It does a good job for basic Analog scanning and works well as an AM/FM clock radio. The weather frequencies/SAME functionality along with battery back-up is a nice thing to have also.

In my case, I raised the functionality of the BC370CRS. I have my digital scanner (PSR-600) hooked up to a Crane FM transmitter downstairs in my shack so that I can listen to digital scanning on the 370CRS on an open FM station. I use this for my primary night time listening before going to sleep.

All in all, I'm happy with the BC370CRS for my situation.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Thanks for the replies.

Glad to hear that people like it. That should help convinving the Fiance!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.