Uniden 396 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIFM790

What is the numbers on the top right corner of the display when stopped on a channel.

I see like 3.76 alot

Thanks for the help

D

DaveNF2G

As they say in court, "Asked and answered."

Try searching the forums. There is already an extensive thread on this very topic.

blueline_308

I have a 330 and it has the batt voltage as the 396 does, but tell me this. With 3 1.2 volt AA batts, how can the voltage EVER be over 3.6 volts. Mine will start out at 4.5 volts sometimes and go into low batt alert at 3.5. What is it measuring?

gsxr4000

blueline_308 said:
I have a 330 and it has the batt voltage as the 396 does, but tell me this. With 3 1.2 volt AA batts, how can the voltage EVER be over 3.6 volts. Mine will start out at 4.5 volts sometimes and go into low batt alert at 3.5. What is it measuring?

I get the same thing, and it leaves me puzzled as well. But yet when it's plugged into the wall, it reads 0.00??

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Batteries always give more than the rating when they are full. If they started out at 1.2, as soon as they start to give out power they'd be below 1.2 and therefore useless.

slicerwizard

gsxr4000 said:
I get the same thing, and it leaves me puzzled as well.
Freshly charged NiMH cells can hit about 1.5 volts per cell. That totals 4.5V

But yet when it's plugged into the wall, it reads 0.00??
Because you have your internal switch set to ALKALINE - the batteries are disconnected.

Codeman

The voltage normally associated with a given battery is called nominal. It's basically a value used when designing circuits, kind of a reference value. New or freshly charged cells always have slightly higher voltages, whereas the voltages at the end of useful charge is always lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.