Uniden 396 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

One Question please on the 396 XT ,

The 396 t you can push scan and it will go to search and if you push it again it goes back to id scan The question I have for anyone is does the 396 XT do the same thing ? Thank you in advance for your answer

John

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Then no. I travel a lot, and completely change my programming so often, that I just gave up on quick keys, and just scroll though. Sorry :(

Hopefully, someone else coming across the thread can help.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
While it is possible to manually assign System QKs and Group QKs, it is far easier to do it through a software program like Freescan (free) or Butel's Arc-XT (paid). They both work fine for assigning QKs whike programming systems/groups, but ARC-XT's quick key manager has a nice drag and drop feature that makes assigning and reassigning QKs a bit easier (you will probably find yourself rearranging your QK assignments a few times before you end up with a setup you're happy with).

You can assign multiple systems to a single SQK, but you cannot assign a single system to more than 1 SQK. The same rule applies to GQKs as well. You can also assign systems to a startup key as well (again, you can assign multiple systems per key, but only one key per system. If you wish to have multiple keys control the "same" system then you will have to create duplicate systems and assign them seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.