BCD396T/BC996T: Uniden 396T Keypad/Buttons wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

updip_geo

My PSR-800 works great on phase 2 in my county, this 396T Im just trying to get up and going as a travel Phase 1 scanner in case I go somewhere that has a Phase 1.

Looking more and more like send in or base it with a computer, but just bothers me that this radio is so lightly used and seemingly wont work

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
I would start off by trying to locate a replacement keypad (preferably brand-new) for your BCD396T and replace your current keypad. If you can't locate a replacement keypad (or you don't want to bother doing that yourself) you can send it to Uniden Repair for $89.95 (which includes return shipping to you) and they will take care of it. If it turns out not to be the keypad, they will fully repair it to get it back in working order.

I guess the question is if it's worth it to you to spend $89.95 (plus your inbound shipping to Uniden Repair which will cost you an additional $10-$15) on a scanner that is a little long-in-the-tooth. The BCD396T was released in 2005 per the Radio Reference Wiki.

Link to Uniden Repair: Uniden | A World Without Wires - Uniden Repair Center
396 keypad can't be found tried and tried to find one. Can't just order it. But 396 still can be fixed thru Uniden.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Wow. Yay. 👏 been looking for one of em for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.