Uniden 396T Scanner (where to get it fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 396T scanner and the little data port on the side has become loose and needs to be re-soldered is there any one left in Ontario that works on these scanners anymore, I used to take my scanners to Durham radio, there now closed and also RadioWorld in Toronto but they don't fix scanner radios anymore.
Any information wold be helpful.
Steve

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You might also look for a local cell phone repair shop. I managed one of those and i would fix or replace the mini usb ports on Blackberrys often. Its the same port.

ATCTech

Still owning one myself I have to ask aloud if an original 396t is really worth spending much money on these days.... not sure if I would or not, especially if it got upwards of $100 with shipping and insurance and taxes potentially all involved. Just sayin'...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue as the OP if I'm not mistaken it was under $100 I would say closer to maybe $75 with the shipping.

Still owning one myself I have to ask aloud if an original 396t is really worth spending much money on these days.... not sure if I would or not, especially if it got upwards of $100 with shipping and insurance and taxes potentially all involved. Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.