Uniden 396XT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Is anyone in the* Metro Indianapolis/Marion County area only using a Uniden 396XT to Monitor MECA system 1?* Would like to hear from anyone that does have one in this area*.The Reason why I am asking is I am thinking about buying one but would like to hear what it does on MECA and what it would do about the problem that I am having in the area of 71St street and Michigan Road all the way to 96Th and Michigan Road.I cannot get a control channel in this area. Again, I am only intrestred in members who do have the 396XT in the Metro Indianapolis/Marion County area only please.Thank You for letting me post this request on this fourm.Any and all Infomation would be appreceited.Thank You, Tim DeLong W9NES

jerk

Each successive scanner that comes out does better and better than the last one, and even if not, a firmware update usually improves it.

So get the XT model scanner and it will work better than the T model.
The Pro-106 outdoes the Pro-96

GTO_04

Get the XT, it is better overall you will not regret it. I do think the XT is slightly better on MECA than the T model. It is more sensitive but I do not have any interference or desense issues with it. You will notice a bigger difference on SAFE-T with the XT. You will also notice a big difference in the audio quality with the XT.

I can't guarantee it will resolve your reception issues on the NW side, but if anything it should help. I use mine every day on the north and northeast side and it works fine there. Castleton is supposed to be a difficult area for reception but the XT has worked fine for me.

GTO_04

I have similar reception issues with my 396t on the NW side of town. I work downtown and live on the west side. I start getting reception loss near 42nd and Lafayette and pretty much nothing by 56th and Lafayette. I've noticed the same thing as you with loss to around 96th and Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.