Uniden 396XT setup newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OaheTV

Premium Subscriber
I'm attempting to set up a Uniden 396XT and would like to scan by agency, such as 'fire' or 'weather' etc. In centreal SD it's still a mix of digital and analog systems.

I need the abilty to quickly turn on and off the groups being scanned. I've used RR and FreeScan to get some freqs programmed but now have 'info overload' - can't seem to lockout things I don't need.

The 'old school' scanners were easy, I have not been able to figure out how to make this simple set up work in the digital days!

Any help is appreciated & thanks in advance.

starwtc

I have two excel files I can send you, we camp a lot up in your area so we should be able help with your XT. I have programmed both T's & both XT's for SD. We have them "tweaked" good. Send me PM if you would like the files.
Ted

OaheTV

Premium Subscriber
Hi Ted! Can you send me a PM? I'm unable to contact you while my membership is 'new' - thanks again for your offer!

Rosemount

More questions

I thought I had my 396T setup right. Drove I-90 across the state and didn't hear a thing. Is there an additional system setting I may have missed?

starwtc

Did you put in the system band plan? South Dakota is a VHF system so you will "see" ID's but wont hear a thing with out the band plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.