Uniden 436 and 536 comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I have both and just wanted to say that after getting into the menu and turning all the services on except air, ham, and railroad, I've been hearing so many interesting things! I never want to leave my radio room haha!
I just wonder how much slower my scanning is now? I've got my range set to 20 miles.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have both and just wanted to say that after getting into the menu and turning all the services on except air, ham, and railroad, I've been hearing so many interesting things! I never want to leave my radio room haha!
I just wonder how much slower my scanning is now? I've got my range set to 20 miles.

Are you monitoring the Full Database or a Favorites List?

If it is a FL then did you turn on the Location Based scanning from the default of NO to Yes?

At least mine is set to NO with a 20 mile range too and since I made no changes to them I assume they are default settings. This will be found in the Edit mode for the FL under Options, I think.

If you have changed it then no problem but if you have not then changing the Range should not make any difference.

You could just change your range to 0 or 50 miles to see if it makes a difference.

How you program your Systems and Sites can have a BIG impact on how fast your scanners will scan them.

I am really enjoying my 436 too!

Let us know if changing your Range made a difference.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I'm monitoring the full database. All I did was put in my zipcode and turned on more services. Also set the range for 20 miles. I didn't make any favorites list.

AC2OY

I agree Wally it's a amazing radio! The first day I had to try it so my wife could give the seller feedback and I did the very same thing slapped in my zip and wammo I heard everything including Kirk,Spock,...LOL Now I'm attempting to program it the way I want and things are going ok. I get a lot of help from the very knowledgeable people on here!

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I agree Wally it's a amazing radio! The first day I had to try it so my wife could give the seller feedback and I did the very same thing slapped in my zip and wammo I heard everything including Kirk,Spock,...LOL Now I'm attempting to program it the way I want and things are going ok. I get a lot of help from the very knowledgeable people on here!

That's great! How is it working on any digital trunking sites in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.