Uniden 436 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruver911

OK, I will try to refrain from my usual comments about Unidens. But is there anyone in the Newton or Wichita area who can show me how these darn things are supposed to work and why they make it them so completely impossible to use? New dispatcher's husband bought one and I can't for the life of me get it to scan. Programming looks right, quick keys are set, and it just sits there and bonks at you anytime you press a button. Read the easier to read manual and it was no help at all.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If using Sentinel to program, in the profile editor, make sure all of the service types are enabled and that both Download and Monitor are On for the favorites lists.

dgruver911

OK just to let you know this old man can read and figure things out (sometimes) I am making progress. I am using Butel ARC536basic. I finally figured out to just assign no quick keys to the KSICS list for Harvey County that they want as primary, and it scans and picks up just fine. However, I assigned quick keys to SGCO, and cannot get those to turn on. Whenever I press the number for the quick keys I assigned to SGCO site and TG lists, it pulls up a quick key navigation menu window and anything you press after that just 3 beeps at you except MENU, which returns you the main screen. The display shows nothing after F0: and an * in position 2 and 3 after S0: scanning the Harvey stuff. DAT is also flashing on the bottom.

dgruver911

OK so free is sometimes better. Using Sentinel now, it is much more user friendly and I think I have it set up the way they want.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Using Sentinel now
Give this favorites list a try. I didn't add any quick keys to confuse you. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it Harvey Co KS Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, highlight the extracted file (Harvey Co KS.hpe) and click on Open. The file will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel.

Attachments

• Harvey Co KS Fav.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 6

dgruver911

A quick glance indicates it is pretty similar to what I created at work for them....although a few differences. I did include the Wichita site (since they live in Wichita). Just some FYI cleanup notes...Ops 8 and Tac 9 are encrypted so no use having those in there, and most of the small towns have stopped using VHF so those are no longer valid. I typically don't include all the PW and KHP channels as most people don't want to listen to them or they aren't used but I like the way you divided them up. I'm still curious as to why the Butel software was so problematic and wouldn't work at all. Thanks for your help tvengr!

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Removing the encrypted channels will cause the scanner to stop on them momentarily anytime you use the TG search mode, the better option is to leave them in and simply Avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.