Uniden 436 HP Freq Display

kruser

Premium Subscriber
You can use external control and monitoring programs like ARCXT or ProScan. They both show the frequency in their realtime logs and in the virtual scanner display for ProScan. I'm not sure if ARCXT shows P25 frequencies in its virtual scanner display.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Or did they cut costs to make the price more appealing.
I don't think display frequencies are as important as they are these days, with the advent of trunking and talk groups. I do believe that it's a nice feature to know what frequency you are hearing, especially when some people rely on "control channel only" programming. I had a friend caught off guard with a silent scanner when the whole trunking system went nuts, and had to fall back to conventional scanning. I had all the frequencies programmed and my friend was relying on control channel only, which wasn't working.

Ubbe

This is by design on the BCD436HP, this might be fixed (if ever) by a firmware update but it really seems unlikely. P25 System Frequencies can be viewed on the SDS100/200.
They needed to be added to the SDS100/200 as you must use that frequency info to battle with interference and to use the filter settings to try and overcome it. No such problem in BCD436 so where never a request from users or that Uniden though it would be useful.

/Ubbe