Uniden 436HP programming P25 Phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKRHawaii

I'm trying to program the Pacific Military Emergency Radio System in Hawaii. which has been rebanded to P25 Phase II. The Radio Reference database still shows it as a phase I system. How do I change the system settings to change it to P25 Phase II? I'm using the sentinel software. Any help is appreciated. Thanks much

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You'll probably want to use ID Search rather than ID Scan. I think new talkgroups are created for conversion to Phase II.

Being in ID Search will allow you to discover those new/different talkgoup ID numbers.

JKRHawaii

How do I change to ID search rather than ID scan? Do I have to create a favorites list? Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
You'll probably want to use ID Search rather than ID Scan. I think new talkgroups are created for conversion to Phase II.

Being in ID Search will allow you to discover those new/different talkgoup ID numbers.

ID Search is almost always a good idea but I don't think it's really 100% necessary to create new talkgroups/talkgroup IDs for users to go to Phase 2. Most talkgroups can be dynamically switched from FDMA to TDMA, etc. unless a given talkgroup is full-time Phase2/TDMA

How do I change to ID search rather than ID scan? Do I have to create a favorites list? Thanks

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

I would create a Favorites List. You can set ID Search in the process of creating the Favorites List.

The manual says that you can toggle between ID Search and ID Scan by pressing the Function button then Eyes. I don't know if this is only for Favorites List scanning or can also be done when scanning the full database.

Even though the previous poster may be correct that the same TGIDs could be used in Phase I/II, I'd still do the ID Search thing. Converting from Phase I to Phase II is also a good time for system administrators to create new talkgroups for expansion purposes.

JKRHawaii

Here is what I think the problem is. The Radio Reference database shows this particular system as a P25 trunking system. It has rebanded and is now a P25 phase 2 system. I have looked all over the sentinel software and cannot figure out how to change the system to P25 phase 2. Or if there is a way to do this manually, I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks much.

Any help would be appreciated.

phask

Premium Subscriber
That's because there is no difference.

Here is what I think the problem is. The Radio Reference database shows this particular system as a P25 trunking system. It has rebanded and is now a P25 phase 2 system. I have looked all over the sentinel software and cannot figure out how to change the system to P25 phase 2. Or if there is a way to do this manually, I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks much.

troymail

Silent Key

Assuming it is this system:
Pacific Mobile Emergency Radio System (PACMERS) Trunking System, Honolulu, Hawaii - Scanner Frequencies

the page does now say it is Phase 2.

Rebanding has nothing to do with a system switching from P25 Phase 1 to P25 Phase 2.

Programming a P25 Phase 2 system in scanner software is exactly the same as programming a P25 Phase 1 system.

You're not going to find a way to create/change the configuration to "Phase 2".

POTENTIALLY, but not necessarily - the talkgroups may have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.