Uniden 436HP Speaker Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayfreq

I am considering a Uniden 436HP. I have seen a few threads about the speaker going bad or no audio at all. Is this something that has been resolved? Are there any manufacturing fixes or revisions as in, this was happening to older hardware versions?? Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
I had my speaker replaced when it was sent in for the battery and LED issues --

We'll never know if any of this was resolved in production at some point but you'd think it would, right?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've not had issues with the speakers in either of mine.

dcisive

I've had mine about a month and love the sound quality from that little bugger. It goes louder than I could tolerate that's for sure. Plenty clear with no vibration at all. I typically have mine on about "6" or at the loudest "7". No issues here.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've run mine at volume level 14 or 15 in my vehicle on multi-day road trips.

dcisive

Holy crud I can't even imagine having it anywhere near that loud. I've had it up to 9 once with it sitting on the counter in my kitchen, then walked downstairs to my walk out basement and could STILL hear it just fine. All my channels for the most part are dead quiet with no background hiss either which helps on the S/N ratio. But geez 14! woah........

fenderblue

I just sent my 436 because of speaker isn't very loud compared to my 396xt. I don't know if it was before but thought I would take a chance.?

Status
Not open for further replies.