Uniden 536 and 436 tweaks for Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

Gents, are there any tweaks that should be done to these scanners to make them more precise in their scanning? I monitor OPP, NXDN, DMR and some ProVoice and MPS. I am using them just as they came out of the box.
Is there any other settings that can be fine tuned like frequencies, spacing etc.

thanks

gary123

Generally, there is nothing to tweak. We have several in use and all are just using the factory settings. I suggest you consider a second program rather than Uniden's Sentinel or to supplement it. I personally like ARC536. Between the two programs you can do everything you want with the units.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The scanner has all the frequencies spacing already in it (major bonus of these Homepatrol style radios), update the database using Sentinel. It depends how old the unit is. Your units' database maybe out of date/new frequencies may have been added since yours was in the factory and last updated.

You can enter your postal code select range (something lower like 0-5 is good (I believe the default is much higher) and select services... if you dont want to hear things like utilities, turn them off.

These are under the menu - select location and select service types

Hit_Factor

Gents, are there any tweaks that should be done to these scanners to make them more precise in their scanning? I monitor OPP, NXDN, DMR and some ProVoice and MPS. I am using them just as they came out of the box.
Is there any other settings that can be fine tuned like frequencies, spacing etc.

thanks
Create FLs for each group you want to monitor. That cleans up what the scanner is monitoring. Making it more efficient, missing less calls. Also gives you the option to turn off other FLs when something really interesting is going on.

gary123

I also suggest creating your own systems in a FL. The ones from the database are good however they contain everything for the system. We have created a system for the local area where the scanner is going to be used. EG: A unit in Windsor does not need the Golden Horseshoe TGs and towers etc. This clears out a lot of unneeded enties and makes the scanner a lot easier for quick key enabling/disabling of services/systems.

All the scanners have a system called CB with the 40 channels. The same for marine, rail and aircraft as well as other systems or sites. With the scanner configured this way we can send for example the CB system as a single system to any user we want.

Attachments

• CB Channels.zip
    814 bytes · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.